The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Gamer Thread

Oh yea probably that then; Warzone is all online play, battle royale style. Though it’s 100% free to play, even if you don’t have PlayStation Plus I believe.
is that available on the switch?

Fall Guys...great game. Fun for everyone. A shame you need different devices for multiplayer though.

Free with PSPlus right now.

Slay the Spire. i think it is on just about all platforms except android:cry:. but that is supposed to happen soon too:).

It's a Rouguelike, deck building game. all single player but a lot of fun.

I'm still plugging away at Elite: Dangerous. I spend my time mining precious metals from asteroid belts along a short trade route. I'm saving up to get a ship with greater range so I can do some exploring out and around the galaxy. I need to hone up my combat skills, but I'm not really into combat so it's hard to get motivated. It would be nice to be able to fight back when I get hit by pirates though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Among Us

Fun little multiplayer game about a space crew maintaining their ship while trying to find the imposter among them who’s killing off the crew. Kind like the old school game of attention to detail and deception, Mafia.

Available for PC and mobile. Might be a great game for the Zoom calls!

I remember thinking Rocket League looking fun when it first came out but never got around to playing. Then I saw it went F2P on the switch so I downloaded it and yeah, its a blast. Soccer with cars!

Just getting back into things. I am a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed Series as well as the FF Series. You can usually find me under the screen name hawklet00 (i try to use that everywhere I can) Here is what i have for the following systems:

Stadia
Cyberpunk 2077 and
Borderlands 3
Sniper Elite 4 (for the next 2.5 months).

Mobile
Pokemon Go
Ingress (resistance [#blueteambestteam])

Last edited:
Just getting back into things. For the moment I'm playing through Stadia and the only FPS I currently have are Cyberpunk 2077 and Borderlands 3 (for the next 2.5 months I'll have access to Sniper Elite 4). I am a huge fan of the Assassin's Creed Series as well as the FF Series. You can find me on Stadia under my screen name, hawklet00 (i try to use that everywhere I can). I have a switch as well and will get Mario Cart at some point in the future as well as Super Smash Bros.
Welcome @hawklet00 ! Glad you could join in! Feel free to make an intro thread in the Newbie Section if the fancy hits!

How you liking Cyberpunk so far? Did you get stuck in the preorder rollercoaster of emotions? 😂

Welcome @hawklet00 ! Glad you could join in! Feel free to make an intro thread in the Newbie Section if the fancy hits!

How you liking Cyberpunk so far? Did you get stuck in the preorder rollercoaster of emotions? 😂
Dont want to cause too many waves by getting too far off course, but i havent played it much yet. I was going to play it while i was waiting for EMS calls tonight, but i forgot my mouse and the internet at the station wasnt up to the challenge. didnt really get stuck in any preorder emotions since i only preordered it to get a free stadia premier set 😁. ill give it a shot more in the next few days when im home with better internet.

Good news for folks who like FFVII and have a PS4 with PS Plus...the Remake is supposed to be one of the free games for March!

Also a couple other big name titles: Remnant and Farpoint.

Hey, @GearNoir meant to tell you about that latest CoD game. What a waste. They certainly are centered on on-line play now. Had to do the typical PS4 update after it was installed. This is when I can usually start playing the story version of the game. Nope, that's not loaded yet. Have to do the online update. Don't know how long that was. Then have to install 3 different chunks of the story files. After the first multi-hour download and install I got to play for maybe 20-30min then had to install the others. Took a couple of days off and on to finally be able to play the story version. To end up finishing it in a few days. :/

Anyone else play Slay the Spire? It is a Roguelike deck building game. it's available on mobile and a few other platforms. all single player but pretty fun.

Hey, @GearNoir meant to tell you about that latest CoD game. What a waste. They certainly are centered on on-line play now. Had to do the typical PS4 update after it was installed. This is when I can usually start playing the story version of the game. Nope, that's not loaded yet. Have to do the online update. Don't know how long that was. Then have to install 3 different chunks of the story files. After the first multi-hour download and install I got to play for maybe 20-30min then had to install the others. Took a couple of days off and on to finally be able to play the story version. To end up finishing it in a few days. :/
Yea, online play is the thing now. I like multiplayer but the single player content does suffer a lot for it. It’s like the streaming content services - everyone’s got their season pass system, micro transactions for cosmetic upgrades, etc.

The games are visually beautiful but the COD franchise is notorious these days for huge game files. If you own all their current content - MW, Warzone, and BO:CW...it’s over 500 gigs of data!

The Halo days of 20 hours of single player content and co-op are long gone! You should still be able to run around multiplayer though with a sniper and have at it?

Ya, I did a little multiplayer back in the day. But if you don't spend a lot of time at it, your entire game is respawning.

Back