The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Gamer Thread

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”

I know at least a few of you play video games, if even sporadically, as time allows. I’m creating this thread to encourage TSC cadre spirit in that virtual realm, which lays outside the bounds of the forum. It’s always more fun to play with folks you know than a bunch of pubs (strangers)!

There isn’t much of a way to do this in an orderly fashion, that I can think of. If you have an idea how to do it better, without adding complication, post it up.

For now, simply post:

- the multiplayer games you frequent
- the handles you use in those games (that’s a name or account reference by which one person can find and “friend” or join another on the game)
- and please also include the system you play the game on (not all games are cross-platform, though most are these days).

I would expect that the same friendly interactions we enjoy here will carry over from the forums to the console games should you choose to play with other TSC members.

However, do not feel guilted into playing with another member if you do not wish to do so at any point and do not feel slighted if a friend/party request is refused. If disputes arise for whatever reason, you are adults, handle it yourselves, and respectfully keep it off of TSC.

As your games list evolves, please just repost your new list, handles, and medium if you cannot edit your previous post.

For thread clarity, please limit posting this thread to pertinent information only. Chatter about a certain game or epic quest with another TSC buddy is encouraged, but should be posted elsewhere.

Chris aka GearNoir plays:

- Game: COD4 Remastered
- Handle: Gear-Noir
- System: PS4

- Game: Fortnite
- Handle: GearNoir
- Console: Switch

- Game: League of Legends
- Handle: GearNoir
- System: Mac

- Game: Red Dead Online
- Handle: Gear-Noir (account handle), Tag Dallocort (character handle)
- System: PS4

Last edited:
I don't frequent online play very much but currently we have the Switch with Super Smash, Lets Go Pikachu, and Mario Kart being what we have multi player. I have a lot more set up on my PC but that is not currently setup in a good way for Online play but i hope to rectify that soon.

I am uacowboy in some fashion on all platforms.

I’ve put COD4 to the side for a while and been taking a deeper dive into BFV. There’s still a lot of balance that needs to be brought to the game (seems like many folks can down you at sniper-like distances with a machine gun), but on a whole it can be very enjoyable.

The single player short stories are particularly well done (I like the Nordic storyline the most so far).

I am really digging the sniper mechanics of the game. As opposed to COD, you have to take more factors into account - bullet travel distance, bullet drop, where to hit, adequate cover, enemy movement, whether you’re being set up for a counter-snipe, etc. At certain times it’s waaay less run n gun.

My current PS4 video games (in the order I plan to play them):
  • Kingdom Hearts: The Story So Far (currently playing)
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 (after finishing the compliation)
  • God of War
  • The Witcher 3 (will be restarting this one for the third or fourth time)

Current PC games (playing all of the off-and-on):
  • Battletech
  • Dicey Dungeons
  • Stellaris
  • Final Fantasy VII

I used to do a lot of computer and Xbox gaming, but at some point, I got frustrated with all the little annoyances and felt that games weren't actually progressing. I'm thinking about getting a new Xbox, but there always seem to be other priorities.

Boardgaming is something I enjoy and would like to do more. I've got a decent collection of war-games, which I find much more satisfying then their computer counterparts. Something about real pieces, and having to physically look at the rules and charts just gets me in a different mindset.

Here's a pic of a game I played earlier in the year covering the Franco-Prussian War, about which I knew nothing until playing the game and reading up on the history.

IMG_5872.jpeg

Since these games take a while for me to play, and also take up a lot of space. I designed a special coffee table and had it built. When I'm done, I just put the top of the table back on and no one even know's there's a historical game lurking beneath.

Nice idea! I’ve seen some demos of table top gaming tables, some similar, some crazy feats of design. Fun stuff.

PS4 users with PSPlus, one of the free games this month is The Last of Us!

Anyone other than me been playing the new mobile version of Mario kart?

Back