The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Gamer Thread

Hey, so I've also been working through pokemon sword. Really liking it. I need to get back to working on Breath of the Wild too. Mostly just small side stuff and the big boss left. Been considering the expansion though.

For those with a switch, my friend code is
SW-8337-4316-7505

New COD was a bust for me. Fun while I got to play it. But was through the off-line content in about 5 hours.

Got a Switch for Christmas. Really enjoying the virtual NES. Also, just started Breath of the Wild and am really impressed with it.

Really loving the Switch as well.

You guys with the Switch are you usually playing it through the TV or on the little do-dad?

You guys with the Switch are you usually playing it through the TV or on the little do-dad?
When it was the only console, it got used on the TV a lot. Since the PS4, it usually just gets used hand held. The graphics level is there for both. It is hard to go back to handheld though once you’ve been using it on the TV lol.

Both. Sometimes I just want to sit in a comfy chair to play or it occasionally comes to work on a night or weekend. Its nice playing on the big screen though.

What a great thing Ubisoft has done for gamers
I don't know how they are now, but they kinda ticked me off. I have the disk for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. I can't play it now. They switched stuff over to steam and refused to provide any patch or recognition of any sort for me actually having purchased the game. I need to buy it again through steam if I want to play it.
I have Rouge Spear and Vegas also, but never play them anymore after that episode. Just really put me off.

Besides, I have so many mods for Skyrim that I can start a new game every week and not be like the original or even the last one.
I'm more into the solo games when I actually get time to play though. I play to get away, so it is kind of counter-productive to play online. :LOL:

I don't know how they are now, but they kinda ticked me off. I have the disk for Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. I can't play it now. They switched stuff over to steam and refused to provide any patch or recognition of any sort for me actually having purchased the game. I need to buy it again through steam if I want to play it.
I have Rouge Spear and Vegas also, but never play them anymore after that episode. Just really put me off.

Besides, I have so many mods for Skyrim that I can start a new game every week and not be like the original or even the last one.
I'm more into the solo games when I actually get time to play though. I play to get away, so it is kind of counter-productive to play online. :LOL:
Ubisoft is far from perfect, but in this one instance of supporting a game with free updates and upgrading the maps, adding operators and new content is kind of unheard of in today’s gaming industry. The norm is to churn out a new game every year and keep collecting $ through dlc. This is the first and only game that I have ever experienced this with. I have played Rainbow 6 Siege for 2 1/2 years now and only bought the original game during a digital games sale on Xbox.

Ubisoft is far from perfect, but in this one instance of supporting a game with free updates and upgrading the maps, adding operators and new content is kind of unheard of in today’s gaming industry. The norm is to churn out a new game every year and keep collecting $ through dlc. This is the first and only game that I have ever experienced this with. I have played Rainbow 6 Siege for 2 1/2 years now and only bought the original game during a digital games sale on Xbox.
I applaud them for that at least. My favorite games are skyrim and fallout NV. Bethesda has ruined the franchise (FO4 and Skyrim SSE) with their micro-transactions and creation crap club that completely bricks your game if you have any mods that you don't buy from them. The main reason the games are as big as they are today, especially with skyrim being as old as it is, is the modding community.
So I completely understand the way they work these days. It's not about making a great game that sells, it's about all the microtransactions they can make off a mediocre 3/4 finished game.

I’ve been playing Last Day on Earth on my phone for the last few weeks. To me it a good balance between long term planning with playing in increments of 2-5min or longer sessions if you wish.

Enjoying CoD: Warzone! Just released yesterday, it’s Infinity Ward’s response to battle royale games. For being a free game, that (it’s rumored) doesn’t require PS Plus, it’s all the CoD multiplayer experience one could want.

Enjoying CoD: Warzone! Just released yesterday, it’s Infinity Ward’s response to battle royale games. For being a free game, that (it’s rumored) doesn’t require PS Plus, it’s all the CoD multiplayer experience one could want.
Tell me more. Free download?

Back