The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Blackland Vector SE US Tour......

I think an injector head would be a fairer comparison.
It definitely reminded me more of an injector shave, than a typical Feather SE shave.
I would never compare this to a cartridge.

Fair enough. But, here is my reasoning. The Bic Bi-Metal cartridge razor. Even the owner had to acknowledge that it shares more of a resemblance to this razor than to any injector he's seen.
625218BB-0C98-40D6-9E10-6F07AA901FE1.jpeg

B2CAAF73-3501-4F70-9BB6-ECCFC343306C.jpeg

8D685DCA-D6FE-4B37-9F6C-354F9C5D2AA4.jpeg

Just food for thought. Carry on......

I’m excited to try this razor. Many thanks to Gus for the opportunity.

I dipped my toe into SE razors with the recent purchase of a Supply Provisions. This trial will allow at least another toe.

I love the Bic Metal! But it's not a cartridge razor either.... it's a disposable. Semantics sure, but that's what I do.
Semantics...... That's a dangerous word. A very modest discipline that all it proves is you can run around in circles chasing your own tail and never catch it or accomplish anything. I get enough of it in the rhetoric of our politicians and government.

I like blue collar, common sense and sensible logic. It's easier for all. That's what I do.... 😜

How about the Trac 2

HTB18_hEQXXXXXbbXpXXq6xXFXXXX.jpg

Saturday April 6, 2019
2019 Shave # 98 ( 151 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (2)
Brush: Sorrentino Orange Crush/ Cashmere
Soap: PdP # 63
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: LNHC Post Shave Elixir
Fragrance: PdP # 63

SOAP: I absolutely LOVE this scent although it is an adequate soap I find it a little drying by the 3rd pass. This is one I will enjoy but probably not repurchase as I shrink my den of soaps to only elite ones for the most part. The EDT will always be on hand though.

RAZOR: On to the star of the show now. I think I'm going to stick with the same blade for the duration of my use on the loaner as the Schick Proline 30 seems a nice fit. As John @The Monkey stated the stubble came back quicker after the first shave. I will see if that can be dialed out or if it is the nature of the lighter razor. When mine arrives I will experiment with other blades that may help also. Either way I am still loving this razor. I am getting my jaw line easier and better than I ever have even with a de and can go over an area more to get closer or more concentrated clean up without concern of irritation or nicks. Others may feel/be different but while I preferred the heft of the Rx, the Vector is the total package for me in a se razor. More comfortable, more efficient and more maneuverable. I honestly don't see me needing more than one se razor and the SS General will need to go as I consolidate the modern razors I will keep and be using. I'm VERY happy I could try this finally and determine that the reviews were correct for me.....I needed this razor.

I used LNHC post shave elixir for the first time and really like the feel and dry down of it as it absorbs well. I've been wanting to try this and A&E Post shave serum so I now have 1 checked off the list. Happy with performance after 1st use so far.

Busy day today for me. Hope all in the Cadre have a great day and weekend !!
IMG_20190405_202928532.jpg

Sorry I have forgotten to put a couple shaves in this thread but the missing ones are in my journal including a video shaving with the Vector without a handle in Stunt Shave VLOG or my VLOG area.
Monday April 8, 2019
2019 Shave # 100 ( 153 Consecutive Shaves )
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (4)
Brush: Shaving Cadre Anniversary Brush
Soap: LNHC Florida Freeze
Balm: LNHC Unscented
Aftershave 2: Bootleggers Green Freeze

Well starting off Vendor Week with the week devoted to @LNHC soaps. New to me scent of Florida Freeze is awesome citrusy with heavy menthol. Typical Elite performance and looking forward to how my face will feel this whole week because of the great skin care ingredients. The more I use this Vector (when the handle is on it) the more I love it. Exactly what I was looking for in an SE razor. Smooth beyond belief and efficient. The ONLY one I need to have for sure. I'll shave tomorrow with it and then get it clean, disinfected and boxed up to mail out on Wednesday to @uacowboy to enjoy. It will have all the extra goodies Gus included as I didn't use anything other than this glorious razor. Hoping I get tracking info on mine Tuesday 😬 Waiting for Clerks Office to open to transfer boat to new owner this morning as I type this up. Head to work by noon for a later work day which garners me more sleep in the morning. The adjustment in schedule to the 2 longer days seems to work better for me. Hope all in the Cadre have a great Start to their week !! Except for @GearNoir , enjoy your weekend 😛
IMG_20190407_194817185.jpg

Tuesday April 9, 2019
2019 Shave # 101 (154 Consecutive Shaves )
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (5)
Brush: TSC Legacy by Sorrentino
Soap: LNHC Tashmere
Aftershave 2: Pitralon
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion

So another great scent and performer from @LNHC Enjoyed this last shave with the Vector before it mails off to Kyle @uacowboy today or tomorrow. Forgot to take a pic with it before cleaning it and boxing it up. VERY happy I had the chance to use this and make a decision before the inevitable purchase. Thanks to Gus again for his generosity. Cleaned and reboxed goodies with $200 ins. since we can't trust the PO should see Kyle by Thursday. I'll need a touch up shave this afternoon before services tonight (Because of missed areas doing a Mediocre Spoof Shave - Video in VLOG section) Trying to talk myself into heading to work for a short day but not feeling it so we'll see what happens. Have a Great day Cadre !!
IMG_20190409_063255194.jpg

Tuesday April 9, 2019
2019 Shave # 101 (154 Consecutive Shaves )
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (5)
Brush: TSC Legacy by Sorrentino
Soap: LNHC Tashmere
Aftershave 2: Pitralon
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion

So another great scent and performer from @LNHC Enjoyed this last shave with the Vector before it mails off to Kyle @uacowboy today or tomorrow. Forgot to take a pic with it before cleaning it and boxing it up. VERY happy I had the chance to use this and make a decision before the inevitable purchase. Thanks to Gus again for his generosity. Cleaned and reboxed goodies with $200 ins. since we can't trust the PO should see Kyle by Thursday. I'll need a touch up shave this afternoon before services tonight (Because of missed areas doing a Mediocre Spoof Shave - Video in VLOG section) Trying to talk myself into heading to work for a short day but not feeling it so we'll see what happens. Have a Great day Cadre !!
View attachment 1868
Love Tashmere.....

Can I please get bumped to the bottom of the list? I'm just getting started comparing my New De Luxe, New SC, & RFB. Three great razors that I'm enjoying & I want to stay the course with them for a month or so.

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. NurseDave
4. LBKINDY
5. bobmsp
6. dangerousdon
7. Cvargo
8. dmshaver

Can I please get bumped to the bottom of the list? I'm just getting started comparing my New De Luxe, New SC, & RFB. Three great razors that I'm enjoying & I want to stay the course with them for a month or so.

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. NurseDave
4. LBKINDY
5. bobmsp
6. dangerousdon
7. Cvargo
8. dmshaver

Absolutely. You've already made the adjustment. Fine with me and thanks......(y)

Back