The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Blackland Vector SE US Tour......

Friday April 5, 2019
2019 Shave # 97 ( 150 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (1)
Brush: Stirling Tuxedo
Soap: CBL Soaps Ghost Banana
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: Pitralon

1st shave with CBL Ghost Banana and it was AWESOME !!! Although even sitting it out for 2 days it remains VERY soft, I LOVE this stuff. Performance as always incredible and the double cooling is amazing. Thanks for making this @CBLindsay

1st shave with the Vector by Blackland Razors and well..............................I just finished ordering one from the site. Video of the shave is below picture below. I'll say the comments here are for me and you may feel differently. In short this thing is nimble and EXACTLY what I was looking for in an SE Razor. Smoother than the Rx and much more efficient. It is a light razor in the sense that it is lighter than most SS razors but does have a good heft. It was just the 1st shave with it but I can tell it's what I want as my only se razor and will only get better. Build quality and finish is amazing. Care should be given when threading the head on as the stud is flat on 2 sides making it possible to put the blade over it and therefore getting the smaller and maneuverable head. I will be selling the SS Colonial General to help fund the Vector. I could send this one on to Kyle now but I want more shaves with it before and I'm allowed a week :p. Thanks to @GlazedBoker for giving me the opportunity to try before I buy and have certainty before laying out serious money. Can't say enough about how generous Gus is in general but especially with his high end gear for peoples benefit. Thanks not only for doing the pass, but for doing it here at The Cadre (y) The Pitralon was the PERFECT match for the Ghost Banana. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20190404_214347567.jpg

Congrats on the purchase! And thanks for your thoughts...I can't wait for my chance now! Watching your video now!

I've been a big backer of this razor since the first day I shaved with it. Shane over at Blackland just nailed the shave geometry on the Vector. Nimble, well balanced with just enough weight to satisfy both sides of the line for light weight razor users and heavy users alike. If there something to point out is the stud, as Dave mentioned and the head is ridiculously narrow. So installing a blade can be an issue for some.

In the end, it's a homerun in my estimation....

UGH! Why did I sign up for this?
Because you NEED a Colonial Killer and can know BEFORE you buy if it's right for you. I never understood some that say I don't want to do the pass around so I'm not tempted. It may prove you DON'T want it or you may know that it is better than something else that can be sold to fund whatever it is or just don't buy it but at least have a chance to use something you won't otherwise.

Because you NEED a Colonial Killer and can know BEFORE you buy if it's right for you. I never understood some that say I don't want to do the pass around so I'm not tempted. It may prove you DON'T want it or you may know that it is better than something else that can be sold to fund whatever it is or just don't buy it but at least have a chance to use something you won't otherwise.

Great he's using logic now!

Dave, I'm glad it wasn't me that outbid you on ebay.
I told you it wouldn't bother me if you got it !! The horse is dead already !!! Can't believe anyone went that high when they are on sale. Sold a couple Strop Shoppe soaps and some interest in the Timeless elsewhere no that I'm giving it away so it will be covered. Skipped the stand. Getcha 1 John (y)

Yeah, I have too move a few things as well. Might have to put a table out in the TSC Yard sale this weekend.

Wow one and done! Will this become the first razor everyone has? Lol.

Hmm? Has a new movement been started here? Could it be that because of almost the cartridge head type design that users feel more comfortable wielding this razor around their faces? Smaller head, lighter razor yet still substantial, more efficient feel combined with a smooth and comfortable face feel and SS construction to potentially last a couple lifetimes. This sounds incredulous. But, the facts are the facts. It's a whisker whacking machine. I'm not saying all that have shaved with one are amazed at its performance but, the far majority across multiple forums can't be all wrong. Just sayin......

I would never compare this to a cartridge.

Blackland makes great products. I would love to participate but traveling season is nigh upon us and I will have no fixed place where this gem can land. So I am out but I have to thank Gus for his generosity in providing this razor and the associated kit.

Back