The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Blackland Vector SE US Tour......

Gents, I have received the blessings and green light from the powers that be (Big thank you to the Mods/Admins here at TSC) and it’s on. Some of you may know me from my pass arounds on the “other forum” with the Rockwell 6s and currently with the Rex Ambassador. I’ve decided to why not have one here and let some of these fine Gentlemen at TSC have a go at it with the Blackland Vector. There will be some rules and guidelines that will be set forth that are pretty basic and easy to follow. If you’re interested so far, continue reading on.........

First things first. Let’s get some of the basic rules and guidelines set up so that we are all on the same page here:

1. The Shaving Cadre (TSC) is NOT sponsoring this razor pass around and will not be responsible or held accountable for any actions, passes, trades, shipping (lost during transit) including any possible damage to the aforementioned razor or products within said pass around, etc. That being said however, if any member is dishonest, steals or otherwise does not “Play well with Others” a grievance can be filed with the owners for member disposition.

2. If any sales are generated for anything in the pass around, please ensure that this is done off post or in the b/s/t section of the forum. No exceptions.

3. ALL TOU AND FORUM RULES APPLY. That is within the scope of member participation and conduct during this pass around. This is Non-Negotiable.

Those three rules above are the law so to speak. That was required to keep things equal and on the up and up, in which I have no issue with and believe members here will not have a problem with them as well.

Now, for the basic operation rules and how this is going to work.....

So, here goes another tour pass around that has been given the green light by the TSC Mods team (just to make sure everything is on the level) and I thank them once again for allowing this to run and take its course. Much appreciated Gents.....

This is how members will receive the razor and contents. The box top is a slide off cover, no need to rip it apart. I'm requesting when your time is done with the razor, to clean, sanitize and repackage carefully as you received it and ship it to the next participant. Makes it easier and more enjoyable for all.

D5A7D8AD-A14B-44E3-9CB2-6D39B2CFE950.jpeg

I anticipate in starting this pass-around within a week or 2, so to those who have never tried and would be interested in taking the Blackland Vector Razor for a test shave run, please read on..

General Requirements for Participation
Active TSC members in "good standing" are welcome to send me a PM regarding participating in the tour pass-around or post your name in the list that will be provided at the end of this post. Just add your name, copy then paste it on your post and so forth. I would suggest active and good standing infers you have been around TSC for at least a few months (3months and at least 50-75 posts) * and are participating in the community. If you are active on other shaving forums and are new to TSC, I will take that into consideration. And if you do not qualify today but have interest, you may become eligible as the tour unfolds..... so please feel free to send me a PM and I can add you to the "reserve" list.

* For those that have participated in any of my previous Razor Tours, those members are automatically in and just need to pm me or post their interests right here in this thread.

Following are the rules which are simply intended to keep the tour fair, fun, and safe.

1. Please limit your time with the gear to 7 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. There will be exceptions, and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel) please let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going.

2. The package will contain a Blackland Vector SE Razor and I will include a few boxes of AC style blades (Feather, Schick and Kai) to get it started. You're more than welcome to use your own of course. The blade package should allow at least 15-20 participants to try the razor. If we have more than 20 participants, I will send additional blades onto the road when we reach that point.

3. I am shipping the razor clean and sterilized. Please do the same before handing it off to the next member. Simple Green, soapy hot water, Barbecide and Scrubby Bubbles are fine. No harsh chemicals that contain ammonia or bleach.

4. Carefully wrap and ship the package as your means allow (e.g., USPS, UPS, FedEx). It will be shipping in a small Priority Mail flat rate box. If Priority Mail is a hardship, please switch to a clean, generic box and pack securely. The replacement costs for the razor is nearly $200 and there is an expectation that each participant insure the package for $200 in order to recoup most of the costs should something go awry. Total costs for Priority Mail & insurance will be about $10-$12, which you might consider as the "cost of admission" for the tour.

5. Communicate. Please post in this thread when you receive the razor and when it ships. Upon receipt, please contact the next person on the list in order to have their shipping information on-hand when your time with the razor is over. Please PM me as needed or if you have any questions. It is never fun to track you down if you are in possession of the razor and have gone off the grid.

6. Post Reviews! Please share your impressions, good or bad, with your fellow TSC members. I am in no way affiliated with the vendor and am simply sharing so that members can try the razor and share their experience.

7. Have fun.

*As a side note, the package will be just about the right size for the razor box and the razor blade packages. Space will be tight and as we know, some Gents like to show their gratitude and appreciation by adding a couple samples and things for the next participants to share and experience. Which is fine, you may add at your own discretion but, I wouldn’t want the package to ballon to a couple of pounds and turns into a 2’x2’ box, which in turn drives up the price for shipping. Remember, I’m just trying to keep it affordable for everyone across the board. I don’t want to ship out a box at $10-$12 in the beginning of the tour then somehow grows to $20-$25 mid-way through it because of all the add-ons. Just be mindful, that’s all....

List of participants. Remember, copy the list to your post, add your name and carry on. Or, just pm me and I will get you listed. First come order is how it will be set. No rock, paper, scissors here.....😋

Even though the pics show the razor and blades, I’m still waiting on a couple of new blade packages to arrive. I’m not going to send out any half used blade packs. Once they’re in my hands, the razor and blades get shipped to the first participant.....

284BDC28-F0C5-4FE5-8C38-2E10044085B1.jpeg

List of participants. Remember, copy the list to your post, add your name and carry on. Or, just pm me and I will get you listed. First come order is how it will be set. No rock, paper, scissors here.....😋

1. Dave in KY

GUS YOU ARE AWESOME........................now to go read the rules :ROFLMAO::p:unsure:

Okay, all read and seems familiar. Gus always runs a well oiled machine with his pass arounds. THANKS again Gus

Last edited:

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy

I've not tried an AC style razor yet so this should be a fun learning experience! Thanks Gus!

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. The Monkey
If I'm allowed after what I did to your last razor.

Gus, you’re a saint for offering pass arounds such as these, as if there were ever any doubt otherwise! Well done sir!

Nah. No saint here, trust me. But, I figure I've been very fortunate and blessed to acquire some of these outstanding razors (and aided by a very understanding Misses) why not give those that aren't able too or are on the fence on whether purchasing a razor or not. You know, a try before you commit to buy or not. And for those that don't have the means or live via a minimalist criteria, it gives them a chance to try out something that wouldn't have been on their radar of acquisitions for a low entrance fee (shipping costs).

It's a win win for everyone and you get to start up some good conversations and friendly banter during the pass around. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

On a side note, it's just another devious Jedi Mind Trick that I employ as I am an undercover, Black Ops Enablement Agent....... Hehehe.😜

Kudos for getting this going..... now where was this before I bought mine!!! LOL... Actually bought mine about a month ago, and still haven't gotten around to trying it out.....

Kudos for getting this going..... now where was this before I bought mine!!! LOL... Actually bought mine about a month ago, and still haven't gotten around to trying it out.....

You got to give it a go! It's a very good razor that delivers on all fronts.....

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. The Monkey
4. dmshaver

Thanks Gus, I appreciate your willingness to share these fine razors. And you're not far off about the Black Ops Enablement Agent! Of the pass arounds I've participated in, about half of them have led to me buying the razor.

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. The Monkey
4. dmshaver

Thanks Gus, I appreciate your willingness to share these fine razors. And you're not far off about the Black Ops Enablement Agent! Of the pass arounds I've participated in, about half of them have led to me buying the razor.

We're here to serve..... Hopefully. 😛

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. The Monkey
4. dmshaver
5. NurseDave

Ok, I'm willing to take a shot of finding something I like better than the RX. Thanks Gus!

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. The Monkey
4. dmshaver
5. NurseDave

Ok, I'm willing to take a shot of finding something I like better than the RX. Thanks Gus!

Ooooo..... The RX. The Alpha safety razor in my shave den. Love it so....:love:

I'm going to bow out of this one.

Enjoy guys! I look forward to reading your thoughts.

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. dmshaver
4. NurseDave

I don’t have the time here at TSC, having only discovered the site last a few months ago, but I have been a member of other sites for some time. Please let me know if there are any objections.

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. dmshaver
4. NurseDave
5. LBKINDY

List of participants. Remember, copy the list to your post, add your name and carry on. Or, just pm GlazedBoker and he will get you listed. First come order is how it will be set. No rock, paper, scissors here.....😋

1. Dave in KY
2. Uacowboy
3. dmshaver
4. NurseDave
5. LBKINDY
6. bobmsp

Gus - I haven't been very active here, but expect that I will be more so with the forum software switch. Thanks for another great pass-around!

Bob

Back