The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Blackland Vector SE US Tour......

That blade seems to be the universal best. Talk about group think. I can see next TSC anniversary the official shave being a Sorrentino brush, CBL soap and the Vector with a Shick blade.

Okay gents...today was the last shave with the vector. I will have this washed up, sanitized and spit polished...wait...well maybe not spit polished. But I will have it shiny and new looking ready to go out to @dmshaver!

Some final thoughts on this. This is definitely a luxury razor. I know you can spend more on others, especially straights, but I guess when you consider the construction of this razor...it will likely outlive me. That being said...yeah...I want one. It's a lot more intuitive than I thought it would be. And once you get the weight, pressure, and blade all adjusted to your liking, this razor just glides! I don't see myself purchasing one tomorrow...the household has some priorities right now, I do see myself getting one sometime this year...hopefully. Either way...if there is a member of the Cadre that is on the fence in trying this guy out...don't be. Get with @GlazedBoker and see if you can get on the list before we are done. This is a must try, even if you have no intentions of buying.

Just want to say thanks Gus for allowing us to try this guy out. It truly was an amazing experience. By the way...had a really nice three pass shave this morning and ended up with pretty much the same results as I did yesterday! This razor with the Schick Proline P-30...yeah, that's where it's at! Thank you again. I will let parties know when the Vector is in the air!

Sorry for the silence, been a hectic week. I'm sure one or two of you have had hectic weeks before. I owe a report on my first shave with the Vector, sorry it's going to be short.

First shave was very good. It's gorgeous to look at! It sure is smooth & glides through the GD Lime soap & mows down two days of growth. First half of the shave it took me a while to figure out angle & length of stroke, but then it was smooth sailing. I enjoyed it a great deal. I love the wider swath the AC blade takes.

Thanks Gus, looking forward to a few more shaves with this beauty.

I've had a couple more shaves with the Vector & I'm very impressed with this razor. Using a Shick Proline blade as the blade to learn on has provided some wonderful shaves. I like the weight, balance, & especially the small head. The size of the head enables the Vector to be quite nimble maneuvering around my lips & mustache. The ease of control really makes this razor a home run in my book. Three shaves in & no nicks, no burn, just smooth efficient shaves. I only have the brass Colonial General to compare this to, but I like it & the shave it provides better than the General.

Thank you Gus, you have shared a marvelous razor with the Cadre.

I'm winding up my time with the Vector & I'm one that falls in the camp of very impressed! This is a smooth, efficient, well-balanced razor that is a pleasure to use. I am grateful for the opportunity to use it. Will I be buying one soon? Not soon, but it will be on my long-term Need list. My short term is to get a couple of razors shipped out for re-plating. But the Vector may end up being a sooner rather than later purchase.

Thank you Gus, I'll be getting it shipped your way sir.

Back