The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

PUZZLES and PUZZLES GALORE!

Ooh, teeth. That’s a good one. I thought about it for about 30 minutes straight on my ride to Lodge tonight.

I recall the scene with Golem, but forget the riddles themselves.

As for chad’s...... 42!

There go the prisoners again
1f602.png

I think I got it!

The middle circle is equal to half the sum of the circles on either side.

So the missing number should be 6

Woo Hoo!

Here is my next puzzle:

Shown above are four men buried up to their necks in the ground. They cannot move, so they can only look forward. Between A and B is a brick wall which cannot be seen through.

They all know that between them they are wearing four hats--two black and two white--but they do not know what color they are wearing. Each of them know where the other three men are buried.

In order to avoid being shot, one of them must call out to the executioner the color of their hat. If they get it wrong, everyone will be shot. They are not allowed to talk to each other and have 10 minutes to figure it out.

After one minute, one of them calls out.

Question: Which one of them calls out? Why is he 100% certain of the color of his hat?

Keep in mind: There are no outside influences nor other ways of communicating. They cannot move and are buried in a straight line; A & B can only see their respective sides of the wall, C can see B, and D can see B & C

If you have done this puzzle before, please give someone else a shot, and of course no Googling the answer!

So A & B can't see a thing, so they are out. D would make the most sense, but he could only be sure if B&C had the same colour hats. Which they don't. So that leaves C. C can only see one hat, but he would be wondering why the guy with the better view isn't saying anything. Well, he's not saying anything because he doesn't know because B & C have different coloured hats. Since C can see that B is wearing white, he knows he must have black.

I have seen this riddle before.

I am not the judge but I will say Dave prepare a problem for us to solve!

So A & B can't see a thing, so they are out. D would make the most sense, but he could only be sure if B&C had the same colour hats. Which they don't. So that leaves C. C can only see one hat, but he would be wondering why the guy with the better view isn't saying anything. Well, he's not saying anything because he doesn't know because B & C have different coloured hats. Since C can see that B is wearing white, he knows he must have black.

That was a quick one! Excellent answer, Dave. You're up!

Ok found a few. Sorry if this is too easy for you numbers guys.

What is the next number in this sequence? 1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221, 312211, _________?

Back