The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

PUZZLES and PUZZLES GALORE!

What happened? Too hard or all your bosses showed up?

13112221?

The numbers, except for the first (1), are composed of an accounting of the number proceeding. So in the case that the first number was 1, there is 1 one, which gives us the next number in the sequence (11). There are now 2 ones, making the next number 21, etc.

Your next riddle gentlemen (and ladies if any are waiting to jump in...or come out...):

You are in a room that has three switches and a closed door. The switches control three light bulbs on the other side of the door. Once you open the door, you may never touch the switches again. How can you definitively tell which switch is connected to each of the light bulbs?

I know how I would do it. This probably isn't the right answer though. I would have one off, one on, then the other teetering towards the on. Open the door, kick the wall to let the last switch fall into position.

I know how I would do it. This probably isn't the right answer though. I would have one off, one on, then the other teetering towards the on. Open the door, kick the wall to let the last switch fall into position.

Interesting idea, though semi unreliable. Not the answer unfortunately!

Well out of the box I would disconnect all the wires from the switches so then I would know none of them are connected to any of the lights.

Dave makes a good point. You could disconnect the switches, then open the door and just connect the wires manually. The rules say that you cannot touch the switches. It doesn't say anything about the wires.

OK, three more options.
1 Have someone else open the door, that way you didn't do it.
2 Talk to someone in the other side of the door.
3 Use a borescope to look under the door while it is still closed.

Lol all creative answers...but think a little more simply about what you know about lights.

Back