The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

3/26/18 (SS 16)

CBL poolside as preshave
CC sandstorm bowl
CBL poolside soap
Sorrentino tuxedo
Feather SS
proguard new
nivea balm
Barbasol pacific rush splash

all this talk about CBL soaps made me decide I was gonna have some enjoyment too. Haven’t smelled a bad scent from his stuff yet and performance wise it’s top notch stuff. Of course we all knew that already. This one has beta 3 written on the bag and boy with my water this stuff is thirstier than a turtle in the desert. Close to a tablespoon but once the lather came man oh man it is extremely nice.

oh and I forgot to mention that this was my first ever BBS completely with the straight. 3 full passes no cuts but lots of feedback from the juice.

my goal is to try and use a CBL soap for every shave for seven shaves, or until I reach the end of them I’m not sure how many I actually have left as I used a bunch of them during some of those spans I wasn’t able to post much.

hope you each have a great day tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Great shave and congrats on the BBS with the straight only! Chris makes some killer soaps for sure.

Whoooo TJ, nice shave. That's a awesome place to be moving forward from. You obviously have the angles down, now just shave the lather.

3/27/18 (SS 16)

Well day two of the use my CBL soaps and I came to a realization. Actually more like I caught SWMBO using my CBL soaps. My supply was a modest sampling at one point but now as of my count I have maybe one shave of Lavender Chill left (I use this for preshave more than shave), jeris, poolside, and pipewood all mostly used by SWMBO. And tonight’s player the Ylang ylang.

i asked her if she was going to tell me she was raiding my den, response was nope you would have figured it out these soaps are the best I’ve tried yet. Note to self hide all CFG, RazoRock, and SV soaps fast.

CBL Ylang Ylang preshave and shave
Sorrentino cashmere
Kate
Feather Pro on 2nd
Thayers
Nivea Balm
Gravity by uncle Jon’s splash

Well a BBS is a given almost every time Kate comes to work. Finished my shave and realized that SWMBO used all my Thayer’s. Opened new bottle wisely kept mouth closed.

Have a a winner of a Wednesday folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you

Nice shave. I suppose that I should be thankful that I haven't been able to convert my wife.

Congratulations on the Straight BBS Shave!

For better or worse, my SWMBO has shown no interest in using any of my shaving stuff, with the exception of the Thayers. Well at least none that I'm aware of.

Nice shave today TJ...and if there was any firm indication of how good Chris's soaps are, your wife stealing uses out of them on the sly is it!

DocHoliday0831 said:
Well day two of the use my CBL soaps and I came to a realization. Actually more like I caught SWMBO using my CBL soaps. My supply was a modest sampling at one point but now as of my count I have maybe one shave of Lavender Chill left (I use this for preshave more than shave), jeris, poolside, and pipewood all mostly used by SWMBO. And tonight’s player the Ylang ylang.

i asked her if she was going to tell me she was raiding my den, response was nope you would have figured it out these soaps are the best I’ve tried yet. Note to self hide all CFG, RazoRock, and SV soaps fast.

Normally I would say that's awesome. That gives you license to order, if not for the fact that CBL soaps aren't on the market...yet.

SWMBO here so far has only hijacked a brush and all the rose-scented soaps in the collection. Doesn't shave but uses the brush for exfoliation.

Congrats on the straight BBS TJ. Lol maybe just compliment SWMBO on her taste in soaps, though hiding the others is probably a good idea.

3/29/18 (SS 16)

no shave yesterday because I was tired when we got done with church.

Tonight since noticing the complete and utter destruction of my CBL soaps by SWMBO I pulled a new soap that was pif’ed to me on another forum.

Tonights show

Gentleman Jon Sandalwood preshave
CC sandstorm bowl
Stirling Boar Brush
Fine Santal Absolut soap
Gem MMOC
PTFE blade on shave 3
alum
thayers
Nivea Balm
Fine Santal Absolut splash

Wow what a shave. This is an excellent scented soap gentlemen. Very easy BBS+ and Don was right these Gem blades mellow and get in a groove at shave 3 and just sing with the death of whiskers.

Well that enablement of Optunia caused convulsions of the area of Manna dI Sicilia. I suppose that neither can be bad if SV made it. I almost grabbed Cosmo and 70th but am not convinced by the scent profile of either yet.

thanks for reading this nutso rambling of a journal. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Great shave TJ! Fine makes a great soap and Fine Santal Absolut is one of their better fragrances.

Back