The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Good call on the Fine Santal. That is an excellent scent that is STRONG!!! I really enjoy it. Enjoy your Easter weekend.

All I can say is when the SV soaps show up, hide 'em!!

Cvargo said:
Good call on the Fine Santal. That is an excellent scent that is STRONG!!! I really enjoy it. Enjoy your Easter weekend.

The only other Fine soap I have is American Blend and it is rather nice also but the scent is nowhere near as strong

Great read and shave TJ!

Fine makes some great soaps and after shaves for sure. The Santal Absolut is a great sandalwood scent for sure!

3/31/18 (SS 16)

I was in need of a fairly good idea that I would end up BBS so Kate and a Feather Pro was a no brainer call. The soap was kind of a blind buy but ended up being at least for me about a Tier 1 Box 3 on the Chad scale kind of soap. No where near as good as SV but way better than most.

SOTD

All in all a stellar shave for the Easter weekend. Nephew has a bday party so we will be walking over to my brother’s house in a bit.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and a mindful Sunday. Thanks for reading and following. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you today and always

Great shave, TJ! Shannon's Soaps were one I've been looking at for a little while now...Forest City Fern has gotten some great reviews...

Always good to see Kate come out and play. Have an enjoyable Easter TJ.

Dagwoodz said:
Great shave, TJ! Shannon's Soaps were one I've been looking at for a little while now...Forest City Fern has gotten some great reviews...

i recommend it for sure. I was in the Fougere scent buying mood last time I did orders and it just kept jumping off the page like buy me, buy me.

Nice read there TJ. I do like Shannon's but always forget about the soap for some reason. Happy Easter

Catching up TJ, Good reads and shave choices, Happy Easter to you as well

4/2/18 (SS 17)

No shave yesterday as I was crazy busy with church and smoking some pork ribs for supper. Then today started my week long hiatus from the office or so I thought. I got a message that said a suspicious smelling box from Italy arrived and i would love to smell what’s inside. That was my receptionist’s way of telling me my new soaps are there. So I debated and debated and debated finally decided to go after the store closed and get my box. Before that I got a message that my weekend schedule was going to be changed due to the owner and truck side manager having to let a parts department employee go. Sucks but I could use 150$ extra a month since I haven’t been working at all on Saturday so now I just will have to work every 4th Saturday.

Tonight I decided on taking the SS with a Proguard for another spin and having Kate in the bullpen just in case. SV Opuntia is the software and the suds provided by a fine cashmere Sorrentino brush.

Oh oh and mail call photo requirements

Fabulous smelling stuff and I just can not wait to try the Manna out tomorrow.

Ok if you are wondering wether or not to buy this Opuntia scent. Click the button!!!!!!!!!! I think this is probably the most complete and complex scent I have ever smelled. I almost believe you could pair this with any frag from mild floral all the way to heavy hitting fougere scents. It’s that good of a scent.

now for the shave. Straight shave 17 and my second bloodless BBS with the SS. This time the alum feedback was heavy and left me really really dry. Thayer’s lavender and some I coloniali balm fixed that and then the A/S Opuntia to have SWMBO ask me “What scent is that it’s amazing!”

Thanks for reading my friends. Have a fantastic Tuesday tomorrow. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Whooo another great SV shave. I don’t see myself waiting for it to show in my preferred shop before I just order it.

But I think you and I need to have a heart to heart about all these slipped shaves ;)

NurseDave said:
Whooo another great SV shave. I don’t see myself waiting for it to show in my preferred shop before I just order it.

But I think you and I need to have a heart to heart about all these slipped shaves ;)
i promise it was all about the blade less practice

Back