The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Great set-up today TJ...love the fougere theme!!

I have yet to try their rustic version, only their Formula T, but considering he modeled it after MdC, I can't imagine it would be a mediocre soap.

NurseDave said:
Happy Friday TJ! Glad to see the flow of new supplies hasn’t stopped.
thanks Dave. Doubtful it will ever stop but may slow down as I am running out of allowed space.

Cvargo said:
WSP makes two formulas. A vegan and a tallow based. That one is the vegan. WSP also makes Asylum products fyi. I perslalper find the tallow version a tad more slick and better post shave.
Thanks for the info. I did not have the same experience as far as the soaps I feel they are for the most part equals.
Dagwoodz said:
Great set-up today TJ...love the fougere theme!!

I have yet to try their rustic version, only their Formula T, but considering he modeled it after MdC, I can't imagine it would be a mediocre soap.
You should try it. Scent strength is probably the only part that isn’t equal to the Formula T imo.
Quijote said:
Nice shave TJ. Those are some great new products.

yes they are thanks Don.

Great shave and set up TJ. WSP's Rustic Sandalwood was one of my first soaps, and the only real difference I've found between it and Formula T is the post shave. Much like MdC, the Rustic line dries my skin out, but their Formula T gets top marks in every area.

I'm glad you're happy with the brush. I've got to lay up a supply of those Cashmere, tuxedo, and tuxedo fan knots. All are outstanding and can be had for a very reasonable price.

call me a bit jealous but the Gem SE razors just don't perform as well as some of my other razors in the den. maybe i havent tried enough LOL

Smattayu said:
Great shave and set up TJ. WSP's Rustic Sandalwood was one of my first soaps, and the only real difference I've found between it and Formula T is the post shave. Much like MdC, the Rustic line dries my skin out, but their Formula T gets top marks in every area.

I'm glad you're happy with the brush. I've got to lay up a supply of those Cashmere, tuxedo, and tuxedo fan knots. All are outstanding and can be had for a very reasonable price.
I may need at least one more cashmere at some point for SWMBO. thanks for reading

Sskim3 said:
call me a bit jealous but the Gem SE razors just don't perform as well as some of my other razors in the den. maybe i havent tried enough LOL

I couldn't use them at all until after shaving with the AC Asylum RX and other AC formats. I decided to take the two I have for another spin and have been pleasantly rewarded.

3/24/18 (SS 15)

Awesome day today as the District Cub Scouting Pinewood Derby race was today. The pack I am part of with my son was the host of the event. We had a decent number of the packs show up and bring their top three racers from each Den. My son is 1st grade which is Tiger Den and he came in third place at our pack level race but finished second overall in the tigers group today.

Then home and find out that both the oldest boy and SWMBO both seem to have sore throats.

Well after all that I jumped at the opportunity to spend a bit of time on me.

Usual suspects:
“Kate” Asylum RX
Brand new Feather Pro
CC magma bowl
Stirling Boar
CBL unscented preshave soap
Thayer’s lavender witch hazel

New players:
Tabac soap and lotion aftershave
CFG Sherlock EdP

Beautiful BBS and didn’t even have to work that much for it. Had tried Tabac soap before from a sample that Eric sent me. The aftershave juice is super good stuff. I have to rank this one in a top tier place.
SOTD photo:

Thanks for reading, and have a Peaceful Palm Sunday my friends prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These colds just keep going around. Must be the switch to spring. Nice shave also.

Great shave. Our Pack Pinewood Derby is next weekend. Today, I am going to help him finish his derby car. He wanted it to look like a sub. Won't be the fastest, but it should look good. I am also entering one in the outlaw class, but I think mine will be pretty simple. No power, just shaved wheels. Next year I may go a little more radical with it.

Cvargo said:
These colds just keep going around. Must be the switch to spring. Nice shave also.
We are at urgent care this morning. The boss woke up unable to talk or swallow. Probably strep.
Quijote said:
Great shave. Our Pack Pinewood Derby is next weekend. Today, I am going to help him finish his derby car. He wanted it to look like a sub. Won't be the fastest, but it should look good. I am also entering one in the outlaw class, but I think mine will be pretty simple. No power, just shaved wheels. Next year I may go a little more radical with it.

the boys car was .25 seconds faster at the district race than it was at the pack race. Next year we are planning to build a genuine rocket car hopefully that will be somewhere in the sub 3.1 seconds range. That’s where the fastest legal cars were this year.

3/25/18 (SS 15)

rushed day today after a early a.m. trip to the urgent care to find out the boss has strep throat. Then rushing to pharmacy and back home for her to rest. Hanging out wi H the boys and the pups the rest of the afternoon then time to get the boys ready for bed. Hit my shave with a quick 2 pass DFS+ from “Kate” and have just found I believe to be my favorite RazoRock scent yet. “Plague Doctor”

Thanks for reading and and hope all have a magnificent Monday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you folks.

Your household sounds about as fun as mine right now. Hope everyone if feeling better soon

Hope that SWMBO feels better soon!

Great shave! What is the Cologne? I don't recognize that bottle.

Cvargo said:
Your household sounds about as fun as mine right now. Hope everyone if feeling better soon
Loads of fun Chad. We have had our share of sick this year for sure. Thanks for reading.

clyde72 said:
Hope that SWMBO feels better soon!

Great shave! What is the Cologne? I don't recognize that bottle.

Thanks Craig, the Cologne is B&BW Botanical Blend. The cap has the notes printed on the side I took the pic of but for sub 50$ juice it’s fairly good stuff

Appropriate soap selection TJ. Should shave everything with it today!

It's funny, I keep thinking back to my derby car. All we did was paint the basic shape orange, pour in some lead in the bottom to hit the legal limit and put graphite on the wheels. It was beating most of the fancy looking cars that had been thinned down to nothing.

Back