The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Great shave TJ...there's more confirmation that you need to hide the SV goodness from SWMBO lest she steal these as well!

4/3/18 (SS 18)

Yep today I’m a mid-afternoon shaver instead of a nighttime one.

The wife and and I only have the baby boy for a couple of nights now as the oldest son went to spend some time with his Great-Grandparents. We decided to go get ourselves some supper together and maybe a Starbucks coffee. With that decision came the thought I should go shave and clean up earlier than normal today and she wanted to take a nap anyhow.

todays setup

Yep 2 days in a row with the SS.

Another BBS without losing fluid. Still not anywhere close to the level of smooth I get when Kate can mess out to play. I really like this scent of soap but I have zero frags in my drawer that will go with this one. Maybe I can find something on the inexpensive side of fragrance goes that is a suitable compliment.

thanks for reading. Have a great evening today and a Wonderful Wednesday. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you folks.

Hi TJ, I would recommend the pro blades in the Asylum. It is plenty aggressive enough with the pro blades. I know that I read that others have used pro supers in this razor with success, but it was designed for the pro blade. Pretty tight tolerances.

Good stuff. The Manna is not my favorite of the line. But a solid performer

McVeyMac said:
Hi TJ, I would recommend the pro blades in the Asylum. It is plenty aggressive enough with the pro blades. I know that I read that others have used pro supers in this razor with success, but it was designed for the pro blade. Pretty tight tolerances.

that is my usual blade in the Asylum RX aka Kate. My Feather SS usually gets ProGuard or The Kai guarded blade the Alumigoose and both my hawks I use whatever blade I grab first.

Xenostr8shaver said:
Very nice Shave and read TJ
Thanks Dave!
Cvargo said:
Good stuff. The Manna is not my favorite of the line. But a solid performer
I quite like this scent. Not as strong as some but nice. For me this one and Tundra Artica are equals and I don’t have a frag to compliment either of them.

Nice shave TJ. He does appear to be loving the bike. I have heard of wearing baseball caps backwards, but the bicycle helmet is new to me.

Awesome birthday gift. My son got one for Christmas and as the temps have been warming up, I bet we go out everyday so he can ride his bike. I'd much rather him play outside than inside.

Quijote said:
Nice shave TJ. He does appear to be loving the bike. I have heard of wearing baseball caps backwards, but the bicycle helmet is new to me.
Thanks Don.
Cvargo said:
Awesome birthday gift. My son got one for Christmas and as the temps have been warming up, I bet we go out everyday so he can ride his bike. I'd much rather him play outside than inside.
I agree about outside. This kid loves it outside, the oldest only likes it if we are hiking, hunting, or doing stuff like that.

the really sad part about the bike is he is so small statured that he can’t pedal it even with the seat in the lowest possible spot

Ah... he'll get there. My son was preemie and is the shortest out there! Weird for me seeing as I am 6'3". But He makes it work, and I just push more anyways. Doc says my son probably won't catch up with his peers height wise until somewhere between ages 5-8.

Nice TJ. Sounds like you’re ready for the full up straight.

Cute pic with the helmet. That’s a good one for his senior yearbook. Just surprised the bike isn’t John Deer green!

NurseDave said:
Nice TJ. Sounds like you’re ready for the full up straight.

Cute pic with the helmet. That’s a good one for his senior yearbook. Just surprised the bike isn’t John Deer green!

careful with that John Deere stuff they are my competition, LOL. My wife grew up with green tractors though and my kids have a good mix of both Case IH toys and Deere ones

Well.....what I meant to say was...thank goodness that stuff isn’t Deere green! ?

Back