The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

3/15/18 (SS 15)

Well maybe I’m the first to think about this or maybe not but today is March 15. What is significant about that day you ask? Well for us as a cadre I must only draw one comparison. Caesar was assassinated on this day!

Todays shave is a good one

And i added a bit of coke to this

So the Eric Sorrentino Padauk cashmere decides to play with Kate for a bit of fun in the den tonight. Kate is sporting a Pro super on lap 2 and we are all well aware that the Asylum soaps are good stuff. I almost believe that this scent trumps the Royal Fougere for me.

The mini-me mobster in my avatar pic is a complete and total copy of me outside and when he opens his mouth out comes all the intelligence and spunk from the Queen.

But it there are moments he makes me cry from a sense of proud love and I was looking through photos from our trip to Gettysburg and found one from a military cemetery that I took when he didn’t know I was watching.

We were walking through and he was ahead of me. He stopped in front of this monument to soldiers lost and removed his union cover, crossed his hands in the small of his back and began to offer prayers of peace to all soldiers both living and deceased.

thank you all for the opportunity to share my time and a bit of my life with you. And thank you for sharing a bit of yours with me.

have a fabulous Friday my friends. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you

Good stuff TJ. That's a beautiful picture of your son. Raising him good there.

Cvargo said:
Good stuff TJ. That's a beautiful picture of your son. Raising him good there.
thanks Chad. I honestly cried when it happened and then again when I found the picture and again tonight posting it. It’s the moments like this that make us get through the moments of raw anger at some issue they have when doing something wrong.

Nice TJ, that’s a pic for framing and the wall.

Sometimes I wish I wasn’t so stubborn about learning the straight and dream about your RX shaves.

DocHoliday0831 said:
thanks Chad. I honestly cried when it happened and then again when I found the picture and again tonight posting it. It’s the moments like this that make us get through the moments of raw anger at some issue they have when doing something wrong.

Last fall I took Connor then 3 to the traveling Vietnam memorial. I told him all those names died for our freedom. He turned looked at me and said, "dad we need to say thank you." There was Vietnam vet standing next to us he leaned down and said to Connor "son they are all welcome"

Was a touching moment for me.

Wonderful first entry TJ...and great story about your mini-me. They comprehend more than we can fathom...it's uncanny at points.

Cvargo said:
Last fall I took Connor then 3 to the traveling Vietnam memorial. I told him all those names died for our freedom. He turned looked at me and said, "dad we need to say thank you." There was Vietnam vet standing next to us he leaned down and said to Connor "son they are all welcome"

Was a touching moment for me.
thanks Chad
Dagwoodz said:
Wonderful first entry TJ...and great story about your mini-me. They comprehend more than we can fathom...it's uncanny at points.
thanks Josh, he is fairly intellectual and well beyond his years in understanding peoples emotions. I can not put it into words how wise he is.
Quijote said:
Your kid is an inspiration.
he inspires me to be a better man daily, Thanks Don
Smattayu said:
Very nice shave and set up, TJ, and that pic is amazing.
thanks Eric I agree the pic is probably one of my all time favorites.

No shave last night after the Cub Scout blue and gold banquet/pack meeting. The boys in my Tiger Cub den got their achievements and awards then we had a very nice meal together. Before the dinner was over the Cubmaster stood and began to call each leader up front one at a time. He presented each of us a photograph framed that he believed would be a special keepsake for us as time moves on.

mine was me with the Tiger Cubs den from our derby race this year.

As a cub scout parent, I have to say thank you for your dedication to the kids.

Quijote said:
As a cub scout parent, I have to say thank you for your dedication to the kids.
Thanks Don
Dagwoodz said:
Awesome, Dave! I always look back on my cub scout days with fondness!
Thanks Josh, I remember Cub Scouts when I was young now my oldest mini-me has decided it is what he wants to do. I am the Den Leader for his group.

3/17/18 (SS 16)

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!!

This morning I overslept and had to rush so I didn’t miss the appointment to have SWMBO’s tires replaced. Then I stopped by the office to use the drill press to try and fix my boy’s derby car before next Saturday’s regional race. Got home and had planned to change the battery in my car but Mother Nature decided that rain was more important.

So so I went to the pharmacy and grabbed a script for the wife and got back home in time to relax and just shave. So I called in an audible and just pulled a soap blindly off the shelf.

I do do have the BlackHawk in reserve and am using CBL “PipeWood” as a preshave today. I may have to find a bowl and use this one for shaving more than I do it smells great.

Two passes with the SS and I felt uneasy about the third so I called the BlackHawk in for pass 3. Finished with a bloodless BBS but I do not believe I would have been if not for the BlackHawk.

Have a great rest of Saturday and Sunday also. Thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Oh man, memories. That’s awesome. Nothing better than working towards those badges.

Nice shave TJ. As far as blind grabs go, Sherlock is a pretty good one.

DocHoliday0831 said:
3/17/18 (SS 16)

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!!

This morning I overslept and had to rush so I didn’t miss the appointment to have SWMBO’s tires replaced. Then I stopped by the office to use the drill press to try and fix my boy’s derby car before next Saturday’s regional race. Got home and had planned to change the battery in my car but Mother Nature decided that rain was more important.

So so I went to the pharmacy and grabbed a script for the wife and got back home in time to relax and just shave. So I called in an audible and just pulled a soap blindly off the shelf.

I do do have the BlackHawk in reserve and am using CBL “PipeWood” as a preshave today. I may have to find a bowl and use this one for shaving more than I do it smells great.

Two passes with the SS and I felt uneasy about the third so I called the BlackHawk in for pass 3. Finished with a bloodless BBS but I do not believe I would have been if not for the BlackHawk.

Have a great rest of Saturday and Sunday also. Thanks for reading. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Nice pic there TJ

Back