The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes a couple weeks ago. Sorry I have been so non communicado lately. Work has been great albeit more tiring. I went somehow from “Judas” wanting me to be fired to getting the largest raise in the department in 8 weeks. Not exactly figured out how that works but I have my current boss’s permission to tell “Judas” to go play with himself if he asks me to do something I don’t want to do. Hopefully I can get back to regular posting soon.

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

The missus had a school to go to for teaching credit hours that she needed for renewal of her teaching certificate. I got off work Thursday at 5:10 and drove 7.5 hours to the mountains so she could be in class Friday. While she was in class I went to a gem mine that only uses soil from a native NC sapphire and ruby mine. They allow you to dig all you want for 30$ per day and I am absolutely 10000000000% hooked on finding and collecting gemstones now. I swear folks as long as it is a native mine not a salted or enriched mine I’m going to at least attempt to make it there and strike it rich it was so much fun I like it more than shaving and am planning to go back already to the one I went to and one other and take my oldest son with me.
Oh and today I shaved in my own den using
9A7377F3-C5A7-4073-B0FE-3927C91AC044.jpeg
thanks for reading folks! Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!!!!

Later I promise!! I found 1 Cherokee hatchet/tomahawk head, 2 nice pieces of quartz, and 7.25 carats by weight of native NC sapphires that are not blue but a light purple/pinkish color. Was unaware that sapphires come in several hundred different colors depending on which mine they come from

TeeeeeeeJayyyyyy! Glad to see you pop in man!

Careful...gem hunting can be as rollercoaster as gambling! :ROFLMAO:

original.jpg

TJ's got the Gold Fever...well...gem fever! Sounds exciting! Glad you popped in for an update!

Guys and gals I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and prayers for me over the last several months. My absolute love and appreciation for your friendship is I hope understood. I miss being a daily contributor to this wonderful corner of the net. Please don’t give up on me folks I promise at some point I will get my “seal legs” back underneath me and be able to manage the new work position post “Judas” and the forum I love. The training curve has been a certain pain in a certain body part and I have been almost pushed to my limit as far as available time. Please forgive me for being so absent and bear with me until I get this whole mess figured out maybe til the beginning of 2020. Hopefully by then I will have this under control and I can actually start the GameChanger pass around I have been promising. Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers and sisters of the blade!

Back