The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

TOTALLY agree Rich. Perfect marbling makes it sweet and tender. I'd take it over a Filet Mignon any day
Not to totally derail the thread but there is a local butcher that does what they call and Ugly Steak that is probably the best steak i have ever had. They use a sirloin to make it and while it does look pretty ugly when they are done it is just shy of fall apart tender and you can legit cut it with a fork. AND it tastes great

Not to totally derail the thread but there is a local butcher that does what they call and Ugly Steak that is probably the best steak i have ever had. They use a sirloin to make it and while it does look pretty ugly when they are done it is just shy of fall apart tender and you can legit cut it with a fork. AND it tastes great
They call that butchers cut at my butcher. It is a overly marbled sirloin and we usually get it ground for hamburger when we buy it.

Sorry to hear about the rough situation at work but glad that you were able to land somewhere once the smoke cleared.

Now, as for the language. As someone who practically grew up in South Philly, is Italian, and drove a truck for a few years...I’m still looking for the bad language 😂😂😂

Keep your head up TJ. You’re a good dude and you know your stuff. These 2 things will pay off for you in the long run.

They call that butchers cut at my butcher. It is a overly marbled sirloin and we usually get it ground for hamburger when we buy it.

No this is different. They actually take a sirloin, butterfly it, beat the hell out of it and soak it in i think papaya juice for a while, then rinse it off. it looks like road kill when they are done but tastes like heaven!

Funny thing about the Butchers cut, it often goes into the burger box ‘cause the young’uns don’t know. It’s the muscles that support the cows diaphragm, usually it gets cut out with the flank steak and separated. When I was an apprentice one of the old timers used to take em home with them, or I’d scab one first.

TJ, hope everything works out for you. I had a somewhat similar experience recently, though I'm still working with the one who did it. Once I finish my degree, I will take a serious look moving on. Has to be the right opportunity. In the meantime, neither of us is going anywhere, but he has forever lost my trust.

TJ, hope everything works out for you. I had a somewhat similar experience recently, though I'm still working with the one who did it. Once I finish my degree, I will take a serious look moving on. Has to be the right opportunity. In the meantime, neither of us is going anywhere, but he has forever lost my trust.
Agreed, we neither are going anywhere but the extent of my relationship with him is “Hello” and small talk cordial like. I’m not one to just complain or raise Cain for the purposes of revenge but I will never trust anything he says or does moving forward.

Sorry for the lack of posting stuff here folks and I am seriously hopeful that I can get back into the swing of things soon. I switched positions back to a similar role I began in 17 years ago. It has changed some in the last 7-8 years I was farm equipment specifically but I am picking it back up fairly quickly and learning the computer system program changes has been the most difficult. I have had much less stress and am actually happier and sleeping better at night and SWMBO says she actually likes me better when I get home. Maybe this Guys vindictiveness has been a blessing in disguise. God really knows what he has in store for me so I believe that this too will work out for his glory.

Thanks for being here for me and thanks for reading this madness that is my journal. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you.

Back