The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

I once had a job TJ that kept me away from home a lot. When I was there I wasn't there. My smart phone always had someone calling me and I was missing everything at home. I was just so distracted and stressed. When I finally got out of that line of work my wife said to me that she got me back and I slowly started to be funny again and the black rings under my eyes started to go away. God was totally in the the job change because it was going back to my same job that I left years ago. My desk still had my pens in it and all the nails were still on the wall with my 4 yr old recycling still in the bin under my desk. So I hope the job change is a blessing for you and your family.

The guy is still being a duche bag. Running around telling folks he saved my job and trying to play the flipping hero card. I know the two guys that actually worked to make this happen and my new work station is squarely in between them. My new boss is pleased enough he told the owner it might be about time to come off a pay raise

Making Daddy proud ;) 🤪
Being the guy I believe I am I did offer the guy that is doing my old job and one of my former equals that my knowledge and experience is theirs anytime they need it. The guy that was my boss and the other employees of that department I believe may have assisted “Judas” in his attempts to bring my demise can go somewhere hot in a hand basket with a hole in the bottom and a frayed handle they are on their own to swim or drown but my boat has no life jackets available.

Being the guy I believe I am I did offer the guy that is doing my old job and one of my former equals that my knowledge and experience is theirs anytime they need it. The guy that was my boss and the other employees of that department I believe may have assisted “Judas” in his attempts to bring my demise can go somewhere hot in a hand basket with a hole in the bottom and a frayed handle they are on their own to swim or drown but my boat has no life jackets available.
I know the two guys that actually worked to make this happen and my new work station is squarely in between them. My new boss is pleased enough he told the owner it might be about time to come off a pay raise
I was focusing on the positive ;)

Finally decided to join the land of the respectable gentlemen and shave today. Jaws and a 2nd use Nacet removed what I think was growth since Sunday maybe Monday and two passes I was close to BBS. Third pass it was just heavenly. GTB made the experience even more heavenly.
694644FC-B312-436E-ACED-C0E751C21DB7.jpeg

On the job front things are still working well in my new position but it is difficult for me to remain civil with “Judas”. I have wanted to tell him exactly what to do with himself and have done a fairly decent job of refraining to this point. I fear Monday is going to test the mettle of his department staff though. A few ill placed curse words with customers inside the store and several several several thousands of dollars in parts ordered incorrectly for a grain combine plus the fact that another 8-9 hundred dollars worth of parts that were not invoiced to customers may make or break his group. I on the other hand have tried to stay away from the situation and have made it fairly clear that I don’t know if I would even go back to that department if they increased my pay significantly.

Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you!

Sounds like Judas should be on the chopping block to me. Keep doing your thing. And I guess good shave? Haha

Got caught up TJ in your journal and I am sorry I was away while you were in your daily struggles. Yeah...it sounds like all that went down was shady as...well you know what it was shady as. But it seems to me you might be in a better situation as you are sleeping better and the wife notices an improvement in the attitude.

I wouldn't let this thing fester in you. In my experience (and believe me I have plenty of experience in situations like yours) dwelling on the vindictive idiot won't help you out any. If I were you...I would stay in your lane and let the idiot sink or swim on his own merit. It will all catch up to him at sometime and then you can silently smile.

On a different topic...I posted these pics in a different thread but not sure if you saw them or not. Thought you might appreciate them. My Brother-In-Law rebuilt this 1939 Ferguson Tractor and then painted it. He told me that he regrets painting it the way he did (he owns his own body shop) and wishes he had sand blasted it and then painted it more "traditional" tractor colors. Personally, I think it looks pretty awesome!

1565529848664.png1565529878874.png1565529910693.png1565529949168.png

Got caught up TJ in your journal and I am sorry I was away while you were in your daily struggles. Yeah...it sounds like all that went down was shady as...well you know what it was shady as. But it seems to me you might be in a better situation as you are sleeping better and the wife notices an improvement in the attitude.

I wouldn't let this thing fester in you. In my experience (and believe me I have plenty of experience in situations like yours) dwelling on the vindictive idiot won't help you out any. If I were you...I would stay in your lane and let the idiot sink or swim on his own merit. It will all catch up to him at sometime and then you can silently smile.

On a different topic...I posted these pics in a different thread but not sure if you saw them or not. Thought you might appreciate them. My Brother-In-Law rebuilt this 1939 Ferguson Tractor and then painted it. He told me that he regrets painting it the way he did (he owns his own body shop) and wishes he had sand blasted it and then painted it more "traditional" tractor colors. Personally, I think it looks pretty awesome!

View attachment 7304View attachment 7305View attachment 7306View attachment 7307
It does look ok and I must admit that I am not as familiar with Massey Ferguson as I am Farmall or CNH but the colors do seem a bit off. Great restore of an old tractor though!!!

All caught up TJ. Sounds like some good and bad with the new work situation. It's great that you're less stressed and seem to be enjoying the new position, but I know exactly how you feel about having to work with someone you can't stand. Just keep on keeping on and let him fail on his own. It sounds like he's well on his way to getting what he deserves.

Lol I found out today that was n the month since moving me that he believes the farm equipment parts department is understaffed and he wants to try and hire 2 more people to do my old job. Screw his dumb butt. As far as I am concerned “Judas” can go hang him self over 30 pieces of silver.

All of a sudden you’re not there and they need to hire 2 more people to get things done? Sounds like a huge compliment for you if you ask me! I’m sure the higher ups are noticing as well.
I seriously am super comfortable where I am and as long as things go the way my current boss is thinking then I will be even happier once it cycles through. “Judas” just really wants to control things and then sit back and reap the benefits of others hard work. I wouldn’t be his croney nor would I allow him to micro manage my day to day duties so he contrived a scheme to get me out of his way. He overlooked the fact that he will without a doubt need light years before I need him. As a matter of fact harvest season is soon to be amongst us and I have absolutely zero stress about it for the first time in a vast number of years. I actually told my current boss that unless the owners are going to fire me I wouldn’t be accepting the after hours on call service at all. He seemed to agree that since I no longer have any affiliation with that department the he didn’t see why I needed to be. I hate to beat a dead horse but I am so glad to be where I am.

Back