The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Doc’s mad rabbit hole journey.

Guys and gals I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and prayers for me over the last several months. My absolute love and appreciation for your friendship is I hope understood. I miss being a daily contributor to this wonderful corner of the net. Please don’t give up on me folks I promise at some point I will get my “seal legs” back underneath me and be able to manage the new work position post “Judas” and the forum I love. The training curve has been a certain pain in a certain body part and I have been almost pushed to my limit as far as available time. Please forgive me for being so absent and bear with me until I get this whole mess figured out maybe til the beginning of 2020. Hopefully by then I will have this under control and I can actually start the GameChanger pass around I have been promising. Thanks for reading folks. Prayers and God’s blessings to each of you my brothers and sisters of the blade!
Take care of business, things here can wait. Reach out if you need anything.

Brothers and sisters of the blade my thoughts of slowing down were fleeting. My baby boy is highly likely on the autism spectrum at some level that has yet to be fully diagnosed. Also in the meantime my two cousins (like brothers) have treated their mom, my aunt, like immortal shit. She finally gave into the stress and emotions of her kids blaming all of their failure and bad things that ever happened to them on her and swearing to not visit her ever even on holidays and she slit both of her wrists. She is still living but is currently locked in a mental health facilities with zero allowance for visitors. I was able to talk to her on the phone for about 5 minutes and that was long enough for me and my family to inform her someone does love her! Please pray

Sorry to hear of the hardships that have fallen on your family. You and yours will be added to our prayer list.

TJ, I can't even fathom what's going through your mind right now. Just know that even though things will be difficult, your son deserves the best shot possible. Be as patient and loving as possible and things will fall into place. My mom singlehandedly raised me and my sister who has Down Syndrome; it's hard, but she worked hard to provide a good life for us and I couldn't be more grateful.

Your aunt is loved, don't let her forget that. I'm sorry that your cousins have been a garbage fire to her, but she is still loved. Keep reminding her. Depression hurts us all, but it hurts a lot less when you're surrounded by good, honest people that love is unconditionally.

Take care of yourself and those you love, TJ.

Continued prayers for you and your family. Sorry you all are having to go through this TJ.

This is one of the saddest things I have read in a long time. My heart goes out to your aunt and your family. TJ...we are all here for you and your family and you are continuously in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

That is terrible news, but at least she is still alive and has someone to let her know that she is loved. Keeping you and yours in prayer TJ.

I've very recently gone through a similar situation to you and your aunts. I feel your pain and my heart is with you brother.

Back