The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your Latest Fragrance Purchase

Fragrance Notes Please
This stuff is a RAGER! No doubt about it. A little definitely goes a long way. The drydown is a little more tame. Spicy, sweet herbal off the top which morphs into a smooth, leather and oakmoss in the drydown. Not sure how long this frag has been around but it definitely calls to mind the big, bold scents of the 80's. Super projection off the top but hangs closer the body in the drydown. Not something that a younger generation would appreciate I'd expect.

This stuff is a RAGER! No doubt about it. A little definitely goes a long way. The drydown is a little more tame. Spicy, sweet herbal off the top which morphs into a smooth, leather and oakmoss in the drydown. Not sure how long this frag has been around but it definitely calls to mind the big, bold scents of the 80's. Super projection off the top but hangs closer the body in the drydown. Not something that a younger generation would appreciate I'd expect.
Antaeus has been around since the 80's! :) it came out about the same time as Kouros.

Cole was first in line at the department store! 😜
I have video of me warming up to go buy it.

giphy.gif

P.S. that's one of the really positive things about Chanel, they've kept their line almost entirely intact since day 1. Even their reformulations preserve the integrity of the originals as much as possible.

And my own minor rant, I don't think guys here care, but a lot of people get up in arms over reformulations. There are two main reasons for them as I understand. One is regulations around allergens. Personally I'm all for this. I don't want to give anyone an allergic reaction, nothing smells that good for me to do that.
The second is around cost or availability of raw materials. If you can't source the original materials, you have to find a way to 'make do'.
On the other hand, cheaping out, just to increase profit margins is a bummer with a lot older fragrances, especially cheapies. Sometimes I'm sure it's a necessity but others, well....

Anyway, Chanel is one of the best when it comes to keeping their brand image intact. It's still amazing to me they even make Antaeus, yeah I'm weird and love it. Also not a big fan of the Allure line at the moment, just not to my personal taste, but I'm sure sales on that line are ten fold more than a funky beast like Antaeus, even if it has been a bit tamed over the years. So props for that :)

Anyone with a Walgreens nearby…they’re having a rock bottom sale on Ralph’s Club EDP. Enter “welcome25” for a little extra off the top.

Back