The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Your Latest Fragrance Purchase

Ooh nice, another mint. Do you know how it compares to Beach Hut?
I’ve not been able to try Beach Hut. This will be my third Amouage and third blind buy 😂

I did lots of research (of course) and most reviews say Beach Hut is more fougere/green and the mint is more herbal/realistic where as Enclave is more candy with amber. So I’m imagining something like Myrsol K with amber. We’ll see!

I’ve not been able to try Beach Hut. This will be my third Amouage and third blind buy 😂

I did lots of research (of course) and most reviews say Beach Hut is more fougere/green and the mint is more herbal/realistic where as Enclave is more candy with amber. So I’m imagining something like Myrsol K with amber. We’ll see!
Keep us updated. I really like Beach Hut, it's exactly what you said. I've been on a long search for a green fougere, and it's been the only one to come close to what I'm looking for (so far).
Myrsol K is the best peppermint I've tried, if it is that with legs, watch out!
And you're a brave man buying Amouage blind :)

200w.gif

Domenico Caraceni - DC 1913

Maybe not my latest purchase, since I ordered it in January, but it was out of stock due to high Christmas volume.
DC has been absolutely fantastic about handling the problem, with frequent phone calls and emails all the way through.

Anyway about the fragrance, this is old school elegance. Just based on my first spray a few minutes ago, I'm getting combo of a classic herbal fougere with a soapy rose. Very nicely done!

DSC01952.jpg

DSC01955.jpg

Back