The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Guys. I found this simple semi-healthy dish that my wife just said was "delicious". Basically it's Sauteed Fish with Garlic. I took wild caught Alaskan Cod filets cut into individual servings, salted with sea salt and pepper, heated up some butter made from milk from grass fed cows on medium low heat, added the fish to the skillet, added the garlic, cooked the fish while basting the butter liquid over the fish for about 3 to 4 minutes, then careully flipped the fish, turned the heat to low, covered it and let it cook for about 2 minutes, then turned it up a bit for another couple mintues will continuing to baste the fish with the butter liquid, then added some rough cut parsley. Transferred to a plate, spoon some of the butter liquid over the fish, then sprinkled with some more parsely and dribbled some fresh lemon juice on top. I served it with some mini-peppers that I salted and cooked in a skillet with some olive oil until the peppers were browned on the outside. I didn't bother with any starch tonight. Such a simple dish. And the wife was right. It was delicious. The only word of caution I can offer is to watch the amount of pepper you use. I used a tad too much. But the flavor offered by the grass fed butter was really good.

Guys. I found this simple semi-healthy dish that my wife just said was "delicious". Basically it's Sauteed Fish with Garlic. I took wild caught Alaskan Cod filets cut into individual servings, salted with sea salt and pepper, heated up some butter made from milk from grass fed cows on medium low heat, added the fish to the skillet, added the garlic, cooked the fish while basting the butter liquid over the fish for about 3 to 4 minutes, then careully flipped the fish, turned the heat to low, covered it and let it cook for about 2 minutes, then turned it up a bit for another couple mintues will continuing to baste the fish with the butter liquid, then added some rough cut parsley. Transferred to a plate, spoon some of the butter liquid over the fish, then sprinkled with some more parsely and dribbled some fresh lemon juice on top. I served it with some mini-peppers that I salted and cooked in a skillet with some olive oil until the peppers were browned on the outside. I didn't bother with any starch tonight. Such a simple dish. And the wife was right. It was delicious. The only word of caution I can offer is to watch the amount of pepper you use. I used a tad too much. But the flavor offered by the grass fed butter was really good.

Sounds really good. Wish you had a picture of it.

I need to cook up fish more often.

Yeah. I keep forgetting to take pictures of what I make. I don't think it looked all that great but if you drench anything in butter, it's gonna taste good.

True

It's one of my favorite cooking styles. Especially with seafood.

To be honest while I like nice looking food. Some people have turned it into a form of art. But I'm more about taste.

True

It's one of my favorite cooking styles. Especially with seafood.

To be honest while I like nice looking food. Some people have turned it into a form of art. But I'm more about taste.

I hear you. I especially like butter with sea scallops. Oddly enought though, I have learned that many steak houses will drench their steaks with melted butter just before they bring it out to the table. I've even seen a half melted pat of butter on my steak at Ruth's Chris. Booooo. But my favorite steak house, Keen's Steakhouse in Manhattan, makes a point of letting it's customers know they don't use butter at all on their steaks. I appreciate that because it tells me they know how to cook meat. A well marbled steak shouldn't need butter since it already has plenty of that desirable fat to make the steak melt-in-your-mouth.

I do care for presentation when I can make it happen. But often I just can't pull it off. Luckily most of what I make tastes good. Making it look good as well happens maybe 33% of the time. I'll leave the presentation to the chefs who are paid to make that happen.

Back