The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

The drugstore I went to today also sells British food. I figured I'd try Marmite. I'll use it up by mixing it into foods that I'd put soy sauce in but I'm not a fan of it on toast.
Hah I’ve thought about picking up a jar in the past, but I’m not much of a beer guy so I figured it’s be money wasted.

What does it taste like to you? Just salty/soy saucey?

Hah I’ve thought about picking up a jar in the past, but I’m not much of a beer guy so I figured it’s be money wasted.

What does it taste like to you? Just salty/soy saucey?
Yeah, mostly like soy sauce. There's something else in there I can't quite identify.

Having never had marmite, I wouldn’t know!
Yet, you dismiss is because you are not “a beer drinker”..... that’s what I’m not understanding.

I’ve had both marmite and vegemite... both are delicious, in their own right.

All gone. Lunch was leftover spaghetti between two slices of jalapeno sourdough bread. YUM!

Yet, you dismiss is because you are not “a beer drinker”..... that’s what I’m not understanding.

I’ve had both marmite and vegemite... both are delicious, in their own right.
Because it’s totally uncommon to make general associations and assumptions between things that are understood to be related. No one ever does that. :rolleyes:

Back