The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Nice red-neck knife sheaths up there to the right Shawn :LOL: I like the patina you got going on too on that kitchen knife you made. That's the complexion of a true knife made of high carbon steel.

I have to wonder how many coronary arteries that block of deadly deliciousness can clog up?
I’m going to say that since I gave up cookies, pizza, pasta, cake, hoagies, ice cream, candy, coffee creamer, etc I’m okay with this ;)

I’m going to say that since I gave up cookies, pizza, pasta, cake, hoagies, ice cream, candy, coffee creamer, etc I’m okay with this ;)

Wow. And I bet you're feeling and looking like a million bucks. I need to find some similar discipline. I'm sure it's in there somehwere. I just need to find it and coax it out.

Wow. And I bet you're feeling and looking like a million bucks. I need to find some similar discipline. I'm sure it's in there somehwere. I just need to find it and coax it out.
I often feel......hungry

Did one of those preseasoned pork tenderloins that are made to be cooked in the bag and used the sous vide to cook it. Seared it in cast after 2 hrs in the bath and it came out great. Luckily i finished cooking just before we lost power. Its been about an hr now and we are still waiting. I was planning on a pic but lighting kinda sucked for some reason lol

Did one of those preseasoned pork tenderloins that are made to be cooked in the bag and used the sous vide to cook it. Seared it in cast after 2 hrs in the bath and it came out great. Luckily i finished cooking just before we lost power. Its been about an hr now and we are still waiting. I was planning on a pic but lighting kinda sucked for some reason lol

I really love pork tenderloin. I bought two plain unseasoned pork tenderloins, each about 1.25 lbs. I seared them in a skillet on the stove, browning it on all sides. Then stuck it in the slow cooker along with some carrots, potatoes and onions and a bottle of William Sonoma's Fig Port Braising Sauce. Cooked it on high for 6 hours. Once it was done I took one of them out, put it on the cutting board to slice it up, sharpened the knife and the entire loin just fell apart as I tried to cut it up. I was delicious. As usually, my accompanyment was some Jasmati Rice with olive oil, sodium free chicken "bullion", a little butter and some Cumin and Cardamom. I had about a half a loaf of Peasant Bread from the other day and forgut about it. It would have gone really nice with it.

Actually, the other night the wife said she was in the mood for soup. I made a garlic and poached egg soup. So simple. Slow cook on low at least a full head of garlic sliced thin in some oil for about 10 minutes. Then remove the garlic with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil in the pot. Then take some bread, I used Peasant Bread, and toast the slices until nice and brown, about 2 minutes per side. Then remove the bread. Add chicken stock, red pepper flakes and the cooked garlic, bring it to a simmer, then take as many eggs as you need for proteiin and slide them into the simmering liquid. Poach the eggs so the yokes are still runny. Put the toasted bread in a bowl, top with an egg or two and then ladle the soup liquid into the bowl over the egg and bread. It was really pretty delicious.

I really love pork tenderloin. I bought two plain unseasoned pork tenderloins, each about 1.25 lbs. I seared them in a skillet on the stove, browning it on all sides. Then stuck it in the slow cooker along with some carrots, potatoes and onions and a bottle of William Sonoma's Fig Port Braising Sauce. Cooked it on high for 6 hours. Once it was done I took one of them out, put it on the cutting board to slice it up, sharpened the knife and the entire loin just fell apart as I tried to cut it up. I was delicious. As usually, my accompanyment was some Jasmati Rice with olive oil, sodium free chicken "bullion", a little butter and some Cumin and Cardamom. I had about a half a loaf of Peasant Bread from the other day and forgut about it. It would have gone really nice with it.

Actually, the other night the wife said she was in the mood for soup. I made a garlic and poached egg soup. So simple. Slow cook on low at least a full head of garlic sliced thin in some oil for about 10 minutes. Then remove the garlic with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil in the pot. Then take some bread, I used Peasant Bread, and toast the slices until nice and brown, about 2 minutes per side. Then remove the bread. Add chicken stock, red pepper flakes and the cooked garlic, bring it to a simmer, then take as many eggs as you need for proteiin and slide them into the simmering liquid. Poach the eggs so the yokes are still runny. Put the toasted bread in a bowl, top with an egg or two and then ladle the soup liquid into the bowl over the egg and bread. It was really pretty delicious.
I might have to try that at some point!

Back