The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Buffalo chips and tofu "wings" for dinner tonight. since my wife can't have chicken anymore but loves wings this is an "okay" substitute. If I was less lazy I'd make some actual chicken wings for me but that would require separate fry oil and that sounds like to much work.
20200226_194137.jpg

We have 4 sauses from buffalo wild wings. Spicy garlic, sweet bbq, Caribbean Jerk, and mango habanero.

I suggest you try this recipe and compare it to what you have from Buffalo Wild Wings. Or alternatively you can always just buy a bottle directly from the source: The Anchor Bar in Buffalo.

Sauce Ingredients (Serves 6 - 8):

8 Tbsp (1 stick) of Butter
4 tsp cider vinegar
1/4 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp garlic poweder
4 to 8 Tbsp of Frannk's Hot Sauce

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and toss with fried (or baked) wings.

I made this recipe for last year's super bowl party and everyone loved it. Other people also brought wings to the party but mine were the ones people ate. I spent 4 years in Buffalo during my college days and I literally subsisted on wings. Often we could get them on sale of 10 cents a wing. With 3 or 4 of us we would just buy containers of 100 wings. Absolutely delicious. Making the sauce is the easy part. It's the frying the wings that is the labor intensive part.

Back