The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Le Galion - Ferveur
A stunning amber fragrance inspired by those 80's beasts like Opium pour Homme. As always with Le Galion, the quality of ingredients sets this apart. The base it self is a fairly standard Ambre, but there's a couple of things going on. There's a luminosity I'm getting, amber can feel very solid, brick like, but this manages to add an aromatic component that really makes it shine, and really helps with the problem I have with most ambers, I get sick of them!
There's also a stable note that I'm getting running from time to time, that even has a bit of a poopy thing, but finally one that I can stand. And it acts as an anchor to the aromatic side.
All in all, this is probably the best 'standard' amber I've tried other than Amber Precieux, but this has those little extras that set maybe a notch higher.
Anyway, good stuff, and for us old guys looking for a masculine "Oriental" like we remember them, it truly hits the spot.

Le Galion Ferveur.jpg

Pierre Guillaume - L'Ombre Fauve
A style of fragrance I never thought I'd like, but it turns out I love and feel strangely at home in. This and the same houses Arabian Horse feel like cousins to me, both bringing a sense of barnyard day. This feels slightly more feline, and the name suggests the color of that most noble of beasts the Lion. It cousin feels equine, and both are fabulous as well as easy to wear. The easy to wear bit is the houses strong point, I've got some 'fancier' perfumes, but I don't reach for them nearly as often, even though this is as 'challenging' as any it's also super comforting, and never in your face.

Pierre Guillaume L'Ombre Fauve .jpg

Ostens Patchouli Heart
Very nice, spicy patchouli that wears a lot like a fougere. Sits close to the skin but has great longevity. I think it's using a novel distillation of patchouli, which comes off as clean, no mustyness or earthiness. There a weird airiness and heaviness going on in it, but it also feels a little like they took some of the soul out of the patchouli as well.

IMG_9700.jpeg

Back