The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Chanel Antaeus
Ok, Gear, you can give me static for buying a 'designer' but then, as far as I'm concerned, this may as well be niche. This could have been an ELdO release and people would be beside themselves. It's seriously hard to believe this is a Chanel, as there's nothing demure about it to my nose. It's certainly no Allure Homme!
I've sampled this twice in store, and now sprayed it twice this evening, and every time I get a little different aspect of the same theme. It's smelt like a gothic rose fragrance Dracula would wear, like the Vedanta Temple I went to in Hollywood, like an oil soaked leather biker's jacket, like a green powdery incense, and yes also like a funky animal. What I don't get is a he man playboy type, at all, nor is it (in current formulation) a beast, or shocking. It's tame in terms of power, but wild in terms of scent profile. Sadly, longevity is pretty pants on this one, but the opening is so glorious that it hardly matters.
All I can say is I love it, and I guess they really don't make them like they used to, I can't imagine what world a designer could release this in today. Heck, Gucci Guily Absolute is maybe the closest I can think of to this, and though positively tame in comparison, niche heads were swooning over it, and still sing it's praises.

Chanel Antaeus.jpg

Chanel Antaeus
Ok, Gear, you can give me static for buying a 'designer' but then, as far as I'm concerned, this may as well be niche. This could have been an ELdO release and people would be beside themselves. It's seriously hard to believe this is a Chanel, as there's nothing demure about it to my nose. It's certainly no Allure Homme!
I've sampled this twice in store, and now sprayed it twice this evening, and every time I get a little different aspect of the same theme. It's smelt like a gothic rose fragrance Dracula would wear, like the Vedanta Temple I went to in Hollywood, like an oil soaked leather biker's jacket, like a green powdery incense, and yes also like a funky animal. What I don't get is a he man playboy type, at all, nor is it (in current formulation) a beast, or shocking. It's tame in terms of power, but wild in terms of scent profile. Sadly, longevity is pretty pants on this one, but the opening is so glorious that it hardly matters.
All I can say is I love it, and I guess they really don't make them like they used to, I can't imagine what world a designer could release this in today. Heck, Gucci Guily Absolute is maybe the closest I can think of to this, and though positively tame in comparison, niche heads were swooning over it, and still sing it's praises.

View attachment 126320
I sampled this once quite a while ago but it was too much for my rookie nose. I should go back to it now.

I sampled this once quite a while ago but it was too much for my rookie nose. I should go back to it now.
I don't think it's fair to say too much for your nose, it might just not be to your taste. But then taste weirdly changes in this hobby. For sure I'd say it's not for everyone, but you'll know if it's for you. The nice thing is it's one you can still easily find and sample to your heart's content.

Man that reminds me of my lovely mother, who I surely inherited this penchant for fragrances from. We were dirt poor, and every afternoon my mom would nip down to the local Longs Drugs and spray herself with White Shoulders. I still get wispy when I smell certain feminine white florals.

Bought Curve cologne so I could compare it to PAA's Casi Perfecto dupe. They smell exactly the same, but the fragrance last about 1/2 hour with the curve and about 6 hours with PAA'S Casi Perfecto. They're about the same price, but you get alot more from PAA. So if you like Curve, get Casi Perfecto instead. I also have the shave soap too!
20240206_181933.jpg

Back