The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Oriza L Legrand - Gentry Jockey Club
A wonderful bright leather. Opens with citrus and what I read as violet, giving a effervescent shimmering effect. There's some spice, I think from saffron, then leather starts to dominate, but that sheerness and a light sweetness via ambergris hangs in there, keeping it from feeling too heavy. I think that the Gentry in the title really fits the vibe here, there's some old world class going on here that gives its charm in our time.
Oriza L Legrand has a way with creating fragrances from another era that don't feel out of place today, giving me a high appreciation for the house.

IMG_0768.jpeg

Oriza L Legrand - Horizon
Patchouli!!! Pure musty goodness, I love it, but for not not for everyone, you've got to love that musty, damp clothes type of patchouli to love this. I personally love it.

I'm really impressed with the performance on all the the Oriza L Legrand fragrances I have. Nowadays you've sort of been acclimated to think the top of a fragrance is as good as it gets, and then it's downhill from there. These just get better and better even hours later, and I'll still smell them in the morning, thinking, how wonderful it still smells.

IMG_0769 2.jpeg

Oriza L Legrand - Réve d'Ossian
I've always loved amber fragrances in principal, but in practice, can't stand most for more than a couple of hours. They just seem to get sweeter, and loose depth over time. Not this one!
The name translates to Dream of a Church, and that's a perfect name, the first couple of hours smells like stepping into a gothic cathedral. I've tried some church incense fragrances that feel like a bad imitation, but this truly captures the scent and feeling of being in an ancient sacred space.
Over time the amber base starts to come in, and it's perfect, no sweetness, not candied up, just the pure powdery essence of amber.
For me, I see no need to look further in this category for now, this hits perfectly, a winter stunner!

IMG_0772.jpeg

Back