The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

I‘m jealous of your collection! This is one of my favorite frags!

Thanks, I've been fortunate and truthfully, I don't indulge in many things except shave related and fragrances. My only 2 money spending vices. On Beau De Jour, it is quickly becoming one of my favorites from Tom Ford. Might invest in the bigger bottle soon as Tom Ford was acquired by Estee Lauder Inc. Might be a little of a panic reaction but, we know how some of these acquisitions usually goes. Quality of product suffers. Not all the time but, I'm not taking any chances.

Happy Holidays amigo..... (y)

Thanks, I've been fortunate and truthfully, I don't indulge in many things except shave related and fragrances. My only 2 money spending vices. On Beau De Jour, it is quickly becoming one of my favorites from Tom Ford. Might invest in the bigger bottle soon as Tom Ford was acquired by Estee Lauder Inc. Might be a little of a panic reaction but, we know how some of these acquisitions usually goes. Quality of product suffers. Not all the time but, I'm not taking any chances.

Happy Holidays amigo..... (y)
I agree, though maybe Fougere Platine is my favorite, but you know I love GREEN.
These aquistions make me nervous as well, so many great brands have nose dived after acquisition.
@GearNoir you have the Private Label, have compared it to the signature ever? I’m totally happy with the signature, for the price and what I want from it anyway.

@GearNoir you have the Private Label, have compared it to the signature ever? I’m totally happy with the signature, for the price and what I want from it anyway.
Personally I’ve not been able to compare. I wish I had both! It’s an outstanding frag though for sure 😎👍

After today's horrible sumo result, needed something that says 'Rise up! Even though you're down, it's not forever'.
Etat Libre d'Orange - Eloge du Traitre
IMO the best masculine from the house, maybe the best period, sadly I don't think the US store offers it. Lovely herbal, spicy scent, real old school vibes. It's composed of rough and ready ingredients but the scent is actually very refined and smells like a true 'perfume' made from them. I'm always a bit taken aback at how it's both sheer and effervescent while being very grounded.
Comparisons to Yatagan are accurate but this is a very elevated version.

1669554654707.jpeg

Supreme under the radar gem. Thought it was off putting when I first acquired it about 2 years ago. Very synthetic smelling and really, really sharp and pungent when I first sprayed it as it had a screeching citrus and burnt sugar note from those initial sprays. Decided to let it macerate for a bit and see if it calms down and if the blending evolves to something smoother. That was December of 2020 and I completely forgot about it until last night. Pulled it out of the storage closet and hit meself with a couple of sprays and see. Much, much better and a very smooth blend of woods, smoked sugar and citrus like notes. The Oud obviously is not of the highest of quality but, it is blended well without any animalic or barnyard/fecal accord, very westernized and mass appealing. Great pick up for $25 US back then. Now, prices have skyrocketed to insane levels. Under $40 US, a great pick up. Over that is just a bit much.

350x350.jpg

Back