The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Miller Harris - Feuilles de Tabac
This was a very unexpected discovery for me, just via watching a YouTuber who's taste seems to be similar to mine, I went for a blind buy. I think this is my number one fragrance at the moment, just love it. to be honest, it's nothing super original, I don't doubt comparisons to Aramis Havana, but the quality and clarity of this juice makes it shine above the rest.
Opens with allspice, which comes off a bit like clove and nutmeg, so, you know I'm already in. The realism of the notes is superb, and there's a light clarity to it as well.
Soon there's a light tobacco note, that though the titular note, isn't really the star of the show, but it does step in to give a beautiful cameo before the most wonderful masculine barbershop closes out the night, and does encore after encore.
It's not a loud performance, but it goes on forever, and unlike most long lasting fragrances for me, it never wears out it's welcome.
Yes it's a bit pricy, though I found the 50 ml on special for a good price. However, when this goes, this would be one I'd pony up for at those prices, it's just that much better for me personally.

IMG_0711.jpeg

Dragged kicking and screaming to the shops for the weekly humiliation of not having a clue where anything is, because it's like a shifting maze and changes all the time i wore Christian Dior, Sauvage. When i bought it i thought it was called 'sausage' so it's not as meaty as i thought.
In the car, HRH said 'that smells great' and when 3 other women in the store said the same i was banished to the car for the rest of the trip.

T

Back