The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

A lot of days I’ll wear a couple of frags.
Parfum d’Empire Wazamba has really been appealing to me the last couple of days. A fresh pine and apple, with a woody incense note to class it up. Just so fresh and perfect on a crisp winters day.
To complement a couple of greats from Caron. To emphasize the forest pine feel, Yatagan. And to add even more of a chilled winters vibe, Pour Un Homme Sport.

Wearing Free d’Homme today, I can see a strange similarity between the Sport (and the other Eau) Pour Un Homme Flanker.

View attachment 98698
Yatagan, as well as 3rd man, are on my “to buy list” for the month of December… Pour Un Homme L’Eau is on my Christmas list to my wife, so it “should” be a Caron trifecta next month 👍

Yatagan, as well as 3rd man, are on my “to buy list” for the month of December… Pour Un Homme L’Eau is on my Christmas list to my wife, so it “should” be a Caron trifecta next month 👍
Nice! Caron makes some great ones, let us know how you enjoy them. :)

It's a real hard call between L'Eau and Sport, they are very close, the Sport just has a bit more of a animalic musky touch, and the L'Eau is like stepping into a freezer. But Basically those are the one's to get IMHO. Good stuff.

Nice! Caron makes some great ones, let us know how you enjoy them. :)

It's a real hard call between L'Eau and Sport, they are very close, the Sport just has a bit more of a animalic musky touch, and the L'Eau is like stepping into a freezer. But Basically those are the one's to get IMHO. Good stuff.
I had plain ol’ Pour Un Homme several years ago, but it was just too much for me to get past….L’Eau is readily available on discount sites and Sport is not, so that’s how I decided 🤷‍♂️

The “car” fragrances I think are so underappreciated! Jaguar, Bentley, Ferrari, Mercedes - all have some fantastic fragrances! I have four that I can think of off the top of my head.

I was watching a YouTuber the other day - I saw that Nissan was getting in on the game as well 😂

And they usually perform well above their price point.

Miller Harris - Feuilles de Tabac
New to me, I’ll put up pics soon. Allspice, tobacco, pine, tonka, patchouli.
Oh my, this is wonderful. I’m seeing comparisons to Aramis Havana, I haven’t tried that, but for me, like a more refined Caron 3’e Homme. Opens with some really authentic spice, a light tobacco comes In, and then the tonka patch combo that take it right to the manly zone I love.
Not a cheapie, but glad I took the chance and went for it, one of my favorite styles of fragrance done with class and aplomb.

Miller Harris - Feuilles de Tabac
New to me, I’ll put up pics soon. Allspice, tobacco, pine, tonka, patchouli.
Oh my, this is wonderful. I’m seeing comparisons to Aramis Havana, I haven’t tried that, but for me, like a more refined Caron 3’e Homme. Opens with some really authentic spice, a light tobacco comes In, and then the tonka patch combo that take it right to the manly zone I love.
Not a cheapie, but glad I took the chance and went for it, one of my favorite styles of fragrance done with class and aplomb.
I have some of that. Good juice!

Back