The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

This is a Diamond in the landscape of masculine fougeres. The combo of Lavender & Rosewood with a touch of Iris along with the nutmeg, Tarragon and florals from the Carnation and Rose are epic. The drydown though is just as magical with the Sandalwood, musks, Cedar and Oakmoss. The kicker though is the Amber & Tonka that gives that bottom a touch of classy sweetness and balances that bottom out exceptionally well.

Well done, sir. Well done.... (y)

This is a Diamond in the landscape of masculine fougeres. The combo of Lavender & Rosewood with a touch of Iris along with the nutmeg, Tarragon and florals from the Carnation and Rose are epic. The drydown though is just as magical with the Sandalwood, musks, Cedar and Oakmoss. The kicker though is the Amber & Tonka that gives that bottom a touch of classy sweetness and balances that bottom out exceptionally well.

Well done, sir. Well done.... (y)
Thank you much, my friend. It was a lucky find, literally. I was working for an apartment complex in Florida about 20 years ago, and whoever did clean outs when someone moved out had dibs on whatever was left behind. There was a box of frags under the bathroom sink and this was among them. Sadly I have no idea what happened to the others over the years, including the full bottle of Dior Fahrenheit, but this one is still about 1/3 full. It is used sparingly since it is almost nonexistent in the secondary market, so I’ll enjoy it while it’s around and mourn it when it’s gone.

A lot of days I’ll wear a couple of frags.
Parfum d’Empire Wazamba has really been appealing to me the last couple of days. A fresh pine and apple, with a woody incense note to class it up. Just so fresh and perfect on a crisp winters day.
To complement a couple of greats from Caron. To emphasize the forest pine feel, Yatagan. And to add even more of a chilled winters vibe, Pour Un Homme Sport.

Wearing Free d’Homme today, I can see a strange similarity between the Sport (and the other Eau) Pour Un Homme Flanker.

1669143516093.jpeg

Back