The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

To quote Louis Gossage from An Officer and A Gentlemen…..”Looky Looky Here.”

So the razor was a gift from family that knew I liked Stainless Steel (this is only my second straight - the other was a Gold Dollar) and the other is I needed a matching strop so I bought the Heirloom Strop - he contacted me and asked if I wanted the D Rings with the handles at no extra charge - so I said YAAAS! I tell you - he provides top notch customer service - not just because of the strop - but just in reaching out and making sure we were on the same page of what was wanted in the order.

I will practice a lot more on my jeans strop and my cheapie strop first before even going near this.

View attachment 78314View attachment 78315
Nice scores Brian!

Set up with the blades designed for the Henson.
98df82ea51ffb8583a97e8d9ea1c65a4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Fragrance Thursday…..

1648153676447.jpeg

A mix of scents all over the map.

(1) Ralph Lauren Safari - YAAS (as my kids say) - definitely old school cool - right up my alley. Also - my Denton Malik Kusafiri soap and 345 Expedition AS are definitely spot on with this. Pleased with this purchase. Love the classy bottle as well.

(2) Dua Fragrances Poseidon’s Private Reserve Whiskey: So this is an homage to a specific Smokey batch of Creed Aventus with a 40 year old Scotch note. So let me say from the beginning - I believe that Aventus truly is the king of fragrances - and I can definitely appreciate the mass appeal - BUT to me - it has always been something that I wear from time to time - but not a love affair. I thought adding the whisky note would put it to the love side. I have to think about it - but not there - just because of the Aventus part of it - I think it is the Birch - which is weird - because I loved Birch Beer growing up But I guess tastes change.. Again - get it, like it, but not love it. But if you want that smokey note - this has it while still being a mass appeal frag. I’ll wear it from time to time.

(3) Dua Fragrances The Live Blues. This is an homage to Yves Saint Laurent Live Jazz. Since YSL Live Jazz has been discontinued - I wanted to make sure I liked it before I committed to paying the price for the real deal. And……I love it - another YAAS. Here are the notes: Mint, Rhubarb, Grapefruit, Lemon, Coriander, Amber, Cedar, Nutmeg, and Vanilla. I will definitely consider the YSL juice once this runs out - though since this is a Parfum Extrait - may just go with this - it is that good.

Back