The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

NurseDave

“Stefan’s Glitterbomb King”
Legacy
First Responder
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
Here it is. Post what’s new in your den and make us jealous!

NICE!!!

Just had this come in yesterday...the first of a few packages I'm waiting for to come in. The balms did separate during their journey to me, so I took a toothpick and re-mixed them and am letting them sit for the time being. As for the Bon Vivant soap...haven't used it yet, but goodness, it smells so GOOD! So far, it's my favorite of the Chatillon Lux collaberation soaps from Declaration Grooming.

Dagwoodz said:
NICE!!!

Just had this come in yesterday...the first of a few packages I'm waiting for to come in. The balms did separate during their journey to me, so I took a toothpick and re-mixed them and am letting them sit for the time being. As for the Bon Vivant soap...haven't used it yet, but goodness, it smells so GOOD! So far, it's my favorite of the Chatillon Lux collaberation soaps from Declaration Grooming.
I have yet to experience any of the Chatillon Lux projects. From how quickly they go, I think I’m missing out on something.

I will say, in regards to the Chantillon Lux soaps, some of the scents definitely aren't for everyone. La Quatrieme Ville and Gratiot League Square are quite unique. LQV being a very smoky vetiver type smell, while GLS is a darker, mossy scent with some florals which is backed up by some pinetar. They're very much scents which invoke memories of places you've been...they're that unique. Bon Vivant just smells delicious...

TheVez2 said:
I posted these on FB, but happy to add them here!

You're going to have the best smelling snow cones in town!

Dagwoodz said:
I will say, in regards to the Chantillon Lux soaps, some of the scents definitely aren't for everyone. La Quatrieme Ville and Gratiot League Square are quite unique. LQV being a very smoky vetiver type smell, while GLS is a darker, mossy scent with some florals which is backed up by some pinetar. They're very much scents which invoke memories of places you've been...they're that unique. Bon Vivant just smells delicious...
I have 2 of their scents as well. Unconditional Surrender and La Forêt de Liguest. The unconditional surrender is amazing. I have been looking at the Bon Vivant. I will have to wait a little while though.

Quijote said:
I have 2 of their scents as well. Unconditional Surrender and La Forêt de Liguest. The unconditional surrender is amazing. I have been looking at the Bon Vivant. I will have to wait a little while though.

I have Unconditional Surrender as well. I really liked it at first, but haven't found much to match it with in a while.

Smattayu said:
I have Unconditional Surrender as well. I really liked it at first, but haven't found much to match it with in a while.
I match it with Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars.

I found these at the local Target. Further investigation shows that there are 4 other scent online. And all are available as a solid cologne also. $23.00 for a 4oz. bottle.

The scents are:
Bourbon and Oak - A smooth lively scent evocative of a spirited bourbon.
Blue Cedar and Cypress - A refreshing woodsy scent reminiscent of a aromatic forest.
Silver Water and Birch - A sparkling aquatic dive into a mountain lake surrounded by cool moss and clean woods.
Spice and Black Vanilla - An explosion of vibrant spices contrast with dark woods and tobacco to express a sense of adventure.
Bergamot and Musk - An adventurous journey of unexpected citrus notes and an iconic smooth amber masculine finish.
Leather and Oud - A rich blend of saffron, incense, and smoky notes to capture the impression of old world leather.

clyde72 said:
I found these at the local Target. Further investigation shows that there are 4 other scent online. And all are available as a solid cologne also. $23.00 for a 4oz. bottle.

The scents are:
Bourbon and Oak - A smooth lively scent evocative of a spirited bourbon.
Blue Cedar and Cypress - A refreshing woodsy scent reminiscent of a aromatic forest.
Silver Water and Birch - A sparkling aquatic dive into a mountain lake surrounded by cool moss and clean woods.
Spice and Black Vanilla - An explosion of vibrant spices contrast with dark woods and tobacco to express a sense of adventure.
Bergamot and Musk - An adventurous journey of unexpected citrus notes and an iconic smooth amber masculine finish.
Leather and Oud - A rich blend of saffron, incense, and smoky notes to capture the impression of old world leather.

Let us know what you think. I’m curious if they are more sweet or musk.

Admin please move to the mail call section

Great pick up TJ...I've used Pure Game before, and it's pretty good. Typical sport EdT, not very long lasting, nor projecting, but a perfect office scent or something to use after working out.

Dagwoodz said:
Great pick up TJ...I've used Pure Game before, and it's pretty good. Typical sport EdT, not very long lasting, nor projecting, but a perfect office scent or something to use after working out.

I figured for 6.99$ each even if they lasted half a day it was worth adding them to the den

DocHoliday0831 said:

I think I got a homerun with these

I own the pulse and added the matching aftershave. I really enjoy that scent. I own the force also.

Mail call...Thursday 5 April!

CFG Santa Paula soap and AS
B&M Eventide soap and AS

Back