The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Nice! Where did you order it from?
I bought it directly from Murat at Rocnel. When Bullgoose announced they were going to put the next drop - I wasn’t sure how quickly, plus I wanted the wooden case.
Things are going to get easier for this next go-around - his website is being upgraded so for his next set of razors he is dropping, you can order from the site. I had to go through Western Union.

Did you get yours from Bullgoose?

I bought it directly from Murat at Rocnel. When Bullgoose announced they were going to put the next drop - I wasn’t sure how quickly, plus I wanted the wooden case.
Things are going to get easier for this next go-around - his website is being upgraded so for his next set of razors he is dropping, you can order from the site. I had to go through Western Union.

Did you get yours from Bullgoose?
Thanks for the info. Yes, I ordered from Bullgoose, but it hasn't arrive yet. Besides the case, I don't think mine comes with a stand or bottom medallion either.

Some extremely rare Penhaligon's English Fern tallow shaving soap and aftershave
xyiadWq.jpg

I've learned that while the bigger bottles are "better bang for your buck" I enjoy the smaller bottles since I might actually use it up in the not-so-distant-future and allows me to cycle bottles in and out!
At the time I ordered they only had the 40ml. bottles available. I had a 40% off coupon code. Had the 75ml. bottles been available, I would have purchased one of those. The site now shows only a 75ml. bottle available for Profondo Lights, but it is out of stock. I really like this one, so I may get a second bottle when they come back into stock, if they do.

To quote Louis Gossage from An Officer and A Gentlemen…..”Looky Looky Here.”

So the razor was a gift from family that knew I liked Stainless Steel (this is only my second straight - the other was a Gold Dollar) and the other is I needed a matching strop so I bought the Heirloom Strop - he contacted me and asked if I wanted the D Rings with the handles at no extra charge - so I said YAAAS! I tell you - he provides top notch customer service - not just because of the strop - but just in reaching out and making sure we were on the same page of what was wanted in the order.

I will practice a lot more on my jeans strop and my cheapie strop first before even going near this.

1647625446357.jpeg1647625483878.jpeg

Back