The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Just arrived today from North Shore Razors - love how this turned out. Had him do this in US Army camo colors specifically.

View attachment 77067View attachment 77069View attachment 77070View attachment 77071
Wow, that's beautiful! Congrats.
giphy.gif

Monocero Husaria MIX

This stainless steel razor comes from Poland. Originally, the idea of this razor came from a Polish Shaving group that put together some ideas of what would make the perfect DE razor - and this is the result. From what I can ascertain, the production run was going to be 100 - for the members of that group. Since then they have expanded their offering, to 3 styles: straight bar, their version of open comb, and Mix which one side is a straight bar and one side is their version of open comb. When I say their version - this offering - the closed comb isn’t individual teeth, it is teeth connected to a bar.

For each version - you can buy a kit which includes the razor and a stainless steel stand - or you can buy the parts individually (top cap, base plate, handle, stand). You can either get a polished or a satin finish - there is no extra cost for the polished version - you just make the comment in the notes at the time of purchase - or they will email you and ask. They only make Stainless Steel at this time - which for me is perfect - because that is really my preference for all razors if I can get it. The design is made to have the handle look like a knight’s lance.

Length: 102mm
Weight: 103 grams

The blade gap is 1.4mm, but if the Stando Polska taught me anything (and from what I’ve read about the razor) - this makes the razor more efficient, but it is still a very smooth razor with only a little blade feel.

The packaging is top notch - along with a letter (with wax seal - very classy Monocero! (In my Sterling Archer - Way to think it through Dodge voice)- love it) - thanking you for your purchase along with an explanation on how the razor came to be and the design process. While Polish is not among the 1 language I speak, I am quite proficient in Google Translate. It does have a hand written 42 on my letter, and unfortunately, the translation is a little confusing on that part - but seems to coincide with the serial number on my razor - the 42nd razor of the Mix version.

The site has these razors in “preorder” stage - that was the way it was when I made my purchase - but it is a quick turn-around - when I placed my order - it was only a few days and the razor was off to production. Obviously shipping is a variable they cannot control - so that really was the only slow point.

I have to say that I am impressed for what is coming out of Poland - because both Monocero and Stando Polska are making high quality products - and the prices are shockingly low, especially when considering these are CNC milled (a typical Stando Polska is less than the cost of a Rockwell 6S and this razor is less than an equivalent Karve Christopher Bradley stainless steel with one baseplate and stand). I did find it peculiar that brass is more expensive than stainless steel or titanium for Stando Polska.

1646682876982.jpeg1646682898044.jpeg1646682925101.jpeg

1646682981177.jpeg1646683316076.jpeg1646683353084.jpeg1646683380040.jpeg

Last edited:
Back