The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

This just popped up on my mail (I don’t know why the Spam filter didn’t catch this one)……I blame @BarberDave

View attachment 76423

So no baby powder for you.
Too late, I think.
What about….
…..the chemicals I’ve had my hands in all these years
….. all the cigarettes I smoked all those years in support of gubbamint nicotine tax addictions
…… all the yummy smoked and grilled fatty meats
…… the years of absorbing cancerous sun rays

Yup, I’m pretty sure I’m gonna die of something. Shave talc is low on my list though.
😎

Talc on my rebel brethren.
👍

3 packages showed up today and I stopped at the liquor store after work.

From CBL Soaps: Velvet Wood After Shave Tonic and a travel/loner AC style razor.

From Dmitriy in Russia, via eBay comes a vintage Sekonda mechanical watch and a Orient watch with 3 sub-dials.

From the Italian Barber comes a 4 pack of shave soap and some Fine EDT American Blend.

and lastly some tasty Bourbon.

IMG_20220222_160150479_HDR.jpg

3 packages showed up today and I stopped at the liquor store after work.

From CBL Soaps: Velvet Wood After Shave Tonic and a travel/loner AC style razor.

From Dmitriy in Russia, via eBay comes a vintage Sekonda mechanical watch and a Orient watch with 3 sub-dials.

From the Italian Barber comes a 4 pack of shave soap and some Fine EDT American Blend.

and lastly some tasty Bourbon.

View attachment 76435
Awesome picks, not a dud in the lot!

Very nice! Love that they were able to increase the screen a bit and thin up the bezel. Looking forward to the day I can get an updated version for mine…it’ll be a while though…things a beast!
Since the 7 just came out, this 6 was on sale for half the price from 2 months ago. But it keeps going up a few dollars every few days. So, go buy one now, won't get this good of a deal for a long time.

Some Los Jabones de Joserra shaving soaps arrived. They smell quite good in the jars.
oV7LYnY.jpg

Arrived today…..

1646087871475.jpeg

The Toggle needs to TLC - but I am pleased with the acquisition - just neat to have a piece of history.

The soap is an homage to Versace Pour Homme - it is spot on. I don’t know when this started for 345 Soaps - but this one came with a guitar pick for scooping. Next time I’ll get the matching AS as I already have the cologne and it is one of my favs - though to @GearNoir ’s wife - it is powdery old man 😂 scent - always make me smile when I think of that.

Last edited:
1646088054193.jpeg1646088464822.jpeg

This is the second version of the START razor. I had the first version - but sold it. But - all the parts of the new and old versions are compatible with each other. Some of the main differences are:

(1) old version came in both satin and polished versions - new only has polished,
(2) the old one could only be purchased as a kit (though now you can buy individual parts). The old kit came with 3 straight bar and one open comb. The new kit comes with either 4 straight bars or 4 open combs (though again you can purchase parts separately now)
(3) Blade gaps are different - old version came in .68, .90, and 1.18 mm straight bar gaps and .90 mm open comb gaps. New version comes in .90 mm, 1.20mm, 1.40 mm, and 1.70mm gaps.
(4) Handles are completely different.
(5) The newer version is slightly heavier (5 grams)

Arrived today…..

View attachment 76892

The Toggle needs to TLC - but I am pleased with the acquisition - just neat to have a piece of history.

The soap is an homage to Versace Pour Homme - it is spot on. I don’t know when this started for 345 Soaps - but this one came with a guitar pick for scooping. Next time I’ll get the matching AS as I already have the cologne and it is one of my favs - though to @GearNoir ’s wife - it is powdery old man 😂 scent - always make me smile when I think of that.
I have to say - forgot to add that the label reminds me of Don Draper from Mad Men

1646089612614.jpeg

1646089676147.png

Back