The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

If you do get one get one from a barber supply they’re made a little bit better I’ve had a few and the one from Irving Barber company is the best

Tuesday mail call is a vintage aftershave from the 1940’s. It’s called Northwoods by The House For Men, INC. The head/cap is made from Bakelite and this bottle looks like it never was used; or at least rarely used. From my research and asking around this bottle was made around 1946-47 and the company was around until the 1960’s. This was their signature fragrance.58AEEB8A-BBCC-4839-B667-03CEAB8BE2D6.jpeg

Tuesday mail call is a vintage aftershave from the 1940’s. It’s called Northwoods by The House For Men, INC. The head/cap is made from Bakelite and this bottle looks like it never was used; or at least rarely used. From my research and asking around this bottle was made around 1946-47 and the company was around until the 1960’s. This was their signature fragrance.View attachment 76417
I'm super interested in HIS! I like to collect vintage shaving soaps and aftershaves and this one is on my hit list! The auction site currently has the Bakelite shaving bowl available with an UNUSED Soap! Go check it out!

Another neat one to look into is Kings Men Aftershave and soap, I love the bottles. Have fun!

Tuesday mail call is a vintage aftershave from the 1940’s. It’s called Northwoods by The House For Men, INC. The head/cap is made from Bakelite and this bottle looks like it never was used; or at least rarely used. From my research and asking around this bottle was made around 1946-47 and the company was around until the 1960’s. This was their signature fragrance.View attachment 76417

That’s Cool and Retro.

Back