The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Great question…definitely not wood…but otherwise I have no clue. I’m banking on faux ivory (if any authorities happen to be reading) 😂
If I had to guess from the picture I think they may be celluloid.

@GearNoir very nice indeed. Looks like a win.

My new razor came in the mail. Seems the area I thought was only a small ding/chip is a full on crack. Unuseable...😭

View attachment 55715

View attachment 55716
That sucks when that happens, If you can't return it be sure to keep the scales they look usable for a transplant.

Guerlain Homme aftershave
ZUvMRTq.jpg

1627480166829.png
I’ve been collectI got old school scents for a bit now - hard to believe that fragrances that were released when I was growing up are now considered “classics.”

1627480517093.jpeg

This was a blind buy - bought based on another blind buy from a new soap maker - described (at least on the picture on the label) as a barbershop scent. This did not disappoint - it is a wonderful fragrance IMO in the same genre of Drakkar Noir and Calvin Klein Eternity for Him. It is it’s own scent - it doesn’t mimic them - but it is definitely reminiscent of the 80’s (when I would bathe myself in the afore mentioned Drakkar, Hugo Boss, and Polo Green.

Definitely worth the $15- and powerful. You often hear or read that older fragrances get reformulated and they are weaker from their vintage counterparts. not the case here, I sprayed 1 spray on my hand when I unboxed and it was strong. I’m not sure this would be a good pick during the summer daytime, but would be good In the evening all year round.

Back