The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Scored a badger and boar knot from TGN. My Trotter Handcrafts Rainier Ash handle will have the badger as shown (not set yet) and the boar will go in my RR400.

View attachment 54678
That's a nice brush Tim. Great choice of a knot, too. Looks classy.

Great choice for the 400, too. A classic barber knot for a classic barber handle. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Mail call! These beauties showed up quickly! They are not completely flawless, but 97% of what I was expecting with basically no wear on them(they even pop a few hairs). After a light polish I’ll take em straight to my finishing hones(Escher & Calico Cream), I’m doubting they will need a full bevel set. Most Swedish razors I’ve received have good bevels and typically only need a touch up.
Super excited about these guys!!! Check out those Schreger Lines!!!

C9E3E741-0FC0-4FAF-AAD3-7D9818EFBE3D.jpeg
29E8E181-EFF5-4A0D-B06D-7016790D7C9C.jpeg
EB8C5641-0343-4F93-82B8-4EE5C272C336.jpeg

My SV Opuntia set arrived earlier today so I waited to do an evening shave. Wow, this is one great performing soap and aftershave. I don’t often use triple milled soaps (I think I only have two in the den), so it took me a little while to dial in the lather, but once I did it was great. Excellent scent on both products. All the praise SV gets on this forum is well deserved.
63735F70-A3B9-4F58-B268-49BBFF9D41E1.jpeg

Oh, and this. 👍
I am excited for the Kracken to join the league! I hope they have the same success as the last expansion team - that would be fantastic. Now only they are not allowed to draft any Flyers during the expansion draft. Off limits!

5/7 mail call. Super happy with this one. The nanas scent reminds me of going on vacation to exotic places. It's incredible. The Gypsy smells like happy. It has a citrusy scent that reminds me a bit of candy, but more complex. I think I've found my summer soaps! Now I just hope they perform as well as they smell. 😁

IMG_20210705_164032.jpg

Back