The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

WSP Formula T Sandalwood shaving soap. The test, of course, will be in the lathering and shaving, but initially to my aging nose it has a sort of complex, sweet cologne-type sandalwood scent (sort of like Floris Santal or Ralph Lauren Safari), rather than a straight sandalwood.
zKjS44Z.jpg

Amazon has a really good deal on the classic Pandemic table top game. So I picked it up along with some refills for my Refyne pens (who’s brass and copper patinas are starting to develop! 😍).

My new Persian Jar with a 2 band silvertip Shavemac knot made by Rudy Vey. So much nicer than the picture. This now makes 3 Rudy Vey brushes, and also 3 Shavemac 2 band silvertip knots. The Rubberset type is a Manchurian and the butterscotch brush is a Shavemac Beagle limited edition. Rounding out my rotation is a Connaught Jade Boar and various Simpson brushes. AF30AE2D-3E27-4A8D-88D5-78D26948FED4.jpeg8A1690CF-041E-4711-89CF-FF7F2FEEFF4F.jpeg6B0C70BF-CEFE-4FA5-8535-CBE5781E3E4B.jpeg

Got the Whisker Bomb Sauce in today. The Hot is fairly spicy, but not over the top. The original, now this is the Star of the show.

It is really mild (like Frank's), but it has HUGE flavor. To my taste buds it is quite a bit reminiscent of BBQ and steak sauce. This would be awesome on steak, Pork, or just drank straight with a straw.

Before you laugh, my daughter pays $4 for a smoothie. This falls near that price range. What's the difference? Lol.

Tomorrow night, it adorns a steak! [emoji39]
9c866617a4cd8d8880438591134757d5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Very nice!. Shave video idea Safety Shirt, Home Depot Soap! and of course while eating the fudge, so glad it tasted good... off to buy

A) your daughter is adorable!

B) Samhain is pronounced “SOW-in” not “Sam-hain”. Southern Witchcrafts is one of my favorite soaps! Enjoy!

C) Plague Doctor….. I enjoy it…… but….. it smells like 40 year old Band-Aids .!

Last edited:
Awesome vid with your daughter!- I bet if Mammoth added “Smells like Home Depot” to their scent description- that would be a bonus and triple sales:)

also impressed she recognized the green Stirling container!

Last edited:
Two local scores from the weekend. A Wade and Butcher, For Barbers Use 7/8 from a local guy and a really cool 16 inch cast iron barbers pole wall hanger(already hanging in my office) found at a yard sale in my neighborhood!
Hope everyone is well!
4426FFCB-2ED2-4BDB-8EED-E16F4D520D5D.jpeg63A7DD2E-CC1A-424F-9D75-6254C3BD14F6.jpeg

Back