The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

This Should Last awhile. Maybe [emoji848]
aa03987f806117ee62a433dd9352b387.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well now you're just tempting fate

Sure do dig those Moon Soap labels. Haven't tried them yet.
I've now tried 3 of the 5. Amaretto Speciale is the strongest scent, and the only cream. The performance of each has been really good. It's a husband and wife team operation,band she always includes a nice handwritten note with the order. I'm going to pick up the balms next month,cans I'm not really a balm guy. I'm very happy with my interactions with the company.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've now tried 3 of the 5. Amaretto Speciale is the strongest scent, and the only cream. The performance of each has been really good. It's a husband and wife team operation,band she always includes a nice handwritten note with the order. I'm going to pick up the balms next month,cans I'm not really a balm guy. I'm very happy with my interactions with the company.

I am considering grabbing the Amaretto, maybe after the holidays... I'm just worried as Almond, like Cinnamon, is a known allergen / irritant in soaps.

I should do some research. [emoji848]

I am considering grabbing the Amaretto, maybe after the holidays... I'm just worried as Almond, like Cinnamon, is a known allergen / irritant in soaps.

If you're allergic to almond, then this is probably not the cream for you. It radiates its amaretto/marzipan scent like crazy.

Have you tried Cella? I’d imagine if you’re safe using Cella, you’re safe using this.

Have you tried Cella? I’d imagine if you’re safe using Cella, you’re safe using this.
I've used Cella without issue. However, I got a reaction to Razorock p160. So, I don't know if Almond irritates my skin or what

Im pretty sure there are a lot of posts out there for p160 and reactions. Don't recall anything about Cella, though it's also almond.

Very odd. Maybe I'll start with emailing Moon soaps. They made it, they might have researched such?

I've used Cella without issue. However, I got a reaction to Razorock p160. So, I don't know if Almond irritates my skin or what

Im pretty sure there are a lot of posts out there for p160 and reactions. Don't recall anything about Cella, though it's also almond.

Very odd. Maybe I'll start with emailing Moon soaps. They made it, they might have researched such?
I can’t remember all the details. I think a lot was dependent on the age of each formula and how much Benzaldehyde (what many soap makers used to use for the almond/amaretto/marzipan scent...and what was commonly cited as the source of skin irritations in almond shave soaps) was used. Not too long ago, restrictions tightened on its allowed usage, so some soap makers had to change their formulas to compensate, leading to less chances of irritation.

Good idea to ask Moon Soaps!

Bought some items for the first time in ages including a Maggard 24mm two-band badger with a green resin handle and some Proraso Green cream which I haven't used in years. I really enjoy both the brush and cream. I also got some Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool bar soap. Very pleased all around, though I'm still unsure if bar soap is for me.

Thanks to a local friendly neighborhood arachnophile , I now am the proud owner of some CBL Scovile soap, another awesome bar of CBL Sandalwood and Musk bar soap, and a sample of Hombre Tonic. Very nice.

20201120_152029.jpg

Back