The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

An order from Frank at Ethos Grooming arrived. Unscented First Lather, Mysore Santal Splash and EdT, Succes EdP, and Dragonsbeard V2 Soap, Splash, and EdP. Now I have to make room in my rotation...
g0uCTpQ.jpg

Okay, it's not like I have a problem or anything, you know? I mean, I'm mature. I'm not impetuous. I raised three kids. They went to college. They have good jobs. I have 5 grand-kids, and they're perfect. I didn't just see @MarkB with this soap and want one too. Because I'm mature, right? And it's not like I have this never realized fantasy about being Ernest Hemingway living in Havana after my senior seminar on Hemingway when I was in my early twenties. It's not like I need more soap, right? Cuz I don't. I'm under control, right? You guys don't judge me, right? Cuz it's a reasonable purchase. And, I'll probably use it. And like it. And it won't happen again, right? Cuz I'm in control, right? :oops:

IMG_5317.jpg

Okay, it's not like I have a problem or anything, you know? I mean, I'm mature. I'm not impetuous. I raised three kids. They went to college. They have good jobs. I have 5 grand-kids, and they're perfect. I didn't just see @MarkB with this soap and want one too. Because I'm mature, right? And it's not like I have this never realized fantasy about being Ernest Hemingway living in Havana after my senior seminar on Hemingway when I was in my early twenties. It's not like I need more soap, right? Cuz I don't. I'm under control, right? You guys don't judge me, right? Cuz it's a reasonable purchase. And, I'll probably use it. And like it. And it won't happen again, right? Cuz I'm in control, right? :oops:

View attachment 40140
Ooo she gave you an Amaretto sample! Yummy!

IMG_20201116_140531326.jpg
My @CBLSoap.com order arrived today and it is more awesome than I was expecting!
The Russian Tea is well aged, with large crystal formations, and potently scented. The Monkey Puck and the Screaming Dolphin both smell amazing. But, the TSC Bingo Bomb is the jewel of this soap haul. According to the handwritten note (awesome!), it is a mix of several favorite scent from Cadre members mixed into the Granite soap. I don't know how to describe the scent, except to say that it is a bit off the wall and oddly enjoyable.
I highly recommend you all give Chris's "grab bag" purchase option a try. This is really fun. I might even order some more random goodness.

Back