The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

20200520_041858.jpg

Had a rough nights sleep and an early morning backat work. Might need an extra cup of coffee this morning. Shave was good though. Got a really nice coti edge on this razor and the Sorrentino brush is just a beast for making lather. Its already becoming one of my favorite brushes. Looks like my Ethos/CBL lime set will be here tomorrow. Really excited to give that a go.

Have a great one Cadre.

The lime shave before the lime shave of lime shaves!

Sorry you’re having rough nights. Was this the mid way flip to days?

20200521_041218.jpg

Well i HAD to give the Ethos/CBL Fresh Lime a try this morning. Didn't feel awake enough to use a SR so i grabbed the Tech instead. The soap lathered VERY well. The scent is spot on like cutting up a fresh lime. Absolutely amazing! I did not get to enjoy the cooling of the soap however because i was getting a slight burning sensation. similar to what i get from the CBL morning blend. I am hoping this was just my face getting used to the EOS complex like Frank @Dragonsbeard has mentioned can happen. the sensation didn't last long at all after the razor cleared the lather and I got the same sensation from the splash but only for a minute or 2. After that i DID start to notice a mild cooling for at least a couple HOURS after the shave was done. I'm not by any means giving up on this and i plan to test it out properly with a SR shave very soon. Hopefully the burn goes away because this is an AWESOME combo!

Thanks @CBLSoap.com and @Dragonsbeard

Late night shave!
20200522_223139.jpg
Had another fantastic shave with the Fresh Lime, but this time almost no burn! It showed up a tiny bit towards the end but just barely. The soap is also PERFECT for SR shaves.

In other news, I got the new 3D printer assembled today and did my first test print of a file that was on the included MicroSD card.
20200522_182518.jpg
20200522_213137.jpg
Still have some practice with the software ahead of me but so far this is pretty fun!

Well howdy folks lol.

There were shaves but no photos.

Had a fun weekend playing with the 3D printer. There is a bit of a learning curve dealing with supporting prints in ways that get the job done but still can be easily removed and cleaned up.

In less fun news the AC died yesterday late afternoon. Got a tech coming out late afternoon today to look at it. On the plus side we have 2 rooms that were added on and have their own wall unit ACs so we can stay cool in those while we wait, and its only supposed to be in the 90s today so thats good too.

Gonna try and get a little caught up around here today. Have a good one folks!

Yep, checking on getting a part for ours to get it going again before higher temps prevail. Better to catch it now before the dead of summer. You get hotter out there but the humidity here is killer esp in the 90's and 100's when they get hit. Hope yours get's squared away without too much pain.

Last edited:
Back