The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

20200510_041555.jpg

Ok folks, Got my first use of the King C Gillette in this morning and i used the blades it came with. It is for sure a heavier DE than i have personally used but i kinda like the weight. The handle is pretty long but didn't get in my way at all. The shave was very smooth but still pretty efficient at whisker removal. The blade seems to be decently sharp and again felt smooth if i could feel it at all. the supports for the blade on the base-plate are pretty far back so there is some auditory feedback. that doesn't bother me but i know it does others. So far is seems to be a good razor and blade. I will give this blade a few more uses and then i will test out a different, known blade and see how that goes.

Oh and there is a video in the vlog section.

20200512_140119.jpg
Wanted to test out the KCG on a couple days growth and it didn't really seem to notice. Another solid and easy shave. This is probably going to be my go to razor when I need a very mild shave that gets the job done.

Oh and I found a small part of the bottom of this tub.

Nearly forgot to post my shave from yesterday.
20200513_142322.jpg

Very good shave. Might do a little work on the edge if this one. I already had 3 razors lined up for some time on the coticules tonight so we will see how those turned out. Gonna be using my kamisori when I get up this afternoon. Maybe I will even get a video in if time allows. I have to leave the house early to go get an antibody test for covid19 done. My employer managed to work something out with the only place in Tucson doing them to get all the employees tested. I'm expecting it to be negative as i have not heard of anyone i have interacted with having it so far.

Have a good day Cadre

20200514_135908.jpg

Got a decent edge back on the kami. Could be better but was a good shave.

Video in my vlog thread.

According to the antibody test i have not been exposed to the 'Rona. That's what i figured it'd be.

Looking forward to some days off after tonight and sleeping in a normal bed lol.

really????? 3017ing..... C.E.C. Human Resources and Torture Pit tomorrow 0630 Mister!
Just trying to work though things that i rarely use, and in many cases won't replace, but don't want to just toss or give away. as for the Ghost lime, it's making room for that new Ethos/CBL goodness that was supposed to arrive today but didn't.

You Tell that to..... BTW Tommy works for the CEC in that Division now,LOL

tumblr_pkdqepbq421qzmp11o4_r1_500.gif

as for the Ghost lime, it's making room for that new Ethos/CBL goodness that was supposed to arrive today but didn't.
I'm really considering adding what's left of my Ghost lime into my tub of Fresh lime and just mixing the two.

I'm really considering adding what's left of my Ghost lime into my tub of Fresh lime and just mixing the two.
Thats a possibility. Are the scents pretty close then? Wasn't sure how the alterations to the base would change his lime mix.

Back