The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Shave for 12/27/18

AoS Dovo
Omega boar
CBL The Shaving Cadre
WH
Florida water

This is probably my second to last shave of the year really enjoyed the scent of this soap. The trip to the hones did wonders for this blade. Very smooth shave. Came away 2 pass mostly BBS. Missed a couple of small spots but I can only feel them going against the grain and I blame that on being a bit groggy this morning. It's the last of my set of 4 day shifts and it always hits me hard but its also my last working day for the year.

Probably going to revisit El Guapo from Chambers this weekend and then it will be time for the CF 3017 with Summer Storm.

Have a great day Cadre!

Keeping the Evil Spirits away with the Florida Water. Nice.

What power Loupe do you use when honing? I might try with my TI this weekend.

Good shave Kyle!
\n\nThanks\n\n
Kyle I just love all the vintage blades you bring out. How many blades do you have?
\n\nRight now i only have the 2 vintage blades in use(i\'m not actually sure how old the Dovo is but its a lot newer than the other 2 so i am not counting it) but i have about 9 in need of some restoration. Most of them just need scales, a little polish and a trip across the hones. Hoping to get some of those going soon. We will see how many i end up keeping.\n\n
Keeping the Evil Spirits away with the Florida Water. Nice. \n\nWhat power Loupe do you use when honing? I might try with my TI this weekend.
\n\nMy Loupe has x30 and x60 power lenses. I feel like i use the 60 the most. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Right now i only have the 2 vintage blades in use(i'm not actually sure how old the Dovo is but its a lot newer than the other 2 so i am not counting it) but i have about 9 in need of some restoration. Most of them just need scales, a little polish and a trip across the hones. Hoping to get some of those going soon. We will see how many i end up keeping.

The Dovo was purchased new in 2010'ish.. But only used about 3-4 times. Glad it is in the hands of someone that knows what to do with it.

What a great penultimate shave for the year! And your final shave sounds like it's going to be a good one too!

Penultimate is literally my favorite word in the entire English language..... well, except for the ones I can’t use here!
1f602.png

Actually before instituting the memorial/last supper Judas was dismissed so 11 Apostles and Christ. No kangaroo ???. That's funny though !

Final shave of 2018

Frederick Reynolds 7/8
Ever Ready w/ two band
The Chamber's El Guapo
WH
Osage rub

Got my last shave of the year in this morning. Another great shave with El Guapo. Busy weekend with the family but looking forward to the new year.

Happy New Year Cadre

Back