The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

I was caught between getting 2 creams El Guapo and Derby or the Derby Cream and Splash. Opted for the set and waiting to hear back from Tim to complete order.....They're waiting on labels for Derby

I was caught between getting 2 creams El Guapo and Derby or the Derby Cream and Splash. Opted for the set and waiting to hear back from Tim to complete order.....They're waiting on labels for Derby

I am really liking the smell from the container on El Guapo but i don't think Derby was one of the other scents they had out officially yet. I believe they had El Guapo, Aviator, Patriot, Monsoon, Daddy-O, and Putter. Might be slightly off on the Names of a couple but that is what they had.

I am really liking the smell from the container on El Guapo but i don't think Derby was one of the other scents they had out officially yet. I believe they had El Guapo, Aviator, Patriot, Monsoon, Daddy-O, and Putter. Might be slightly off on the Names of a couple but that is what they had.
Tim said it would be a week or so waiting on labels for Derby. I told him, let me pay now before that "S" things starts ???

Tim said it would be a week or so waiting on labels for Derby. I told him, let me pay now before that "S" things starts
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Haha. If they'd had derby yesterday i have a feeling i would have grabbed it. Sandalwood is one of my favorite scents and that mix just sounds really good. I will have to stop in and give it a whiff to let you know how it smells.

Today's shave

Wostenholm 8/8
Omega boar
Chambers El Guapo cream
WH
Avon Deep Woods

So I tried to do a video review/shave today but it didn't really work. I forgot to talk from most of it and kept moving out of frame but my setup looked like this so can't say I'm surprised I have something better coming but it got delayed and I wanted to get this shave in.

Now for the soap, it is a nice dark but slightly sweet scent. I can really pick out the individual components but it makes me think of sitting in a nice leather chair by a fire with a glass of bourbon. Not that I can necessarily smell all of that but that is just where my mind goes when I smell it. It is definitely a very slick cream and face lathered very well. I chose my omega because it is my wettest running brush since Barber Dave mentioned it was pretty thirsty. It is definitely a hard cream, even more than TOBS in my opinion. I think I only loaded for max 10 seconds and had a ton of lather left after my 2 pass shave. Came out feeling very nice and BBS. I would for sure recommend trying this out if when you can get your hands on it.

The Avon deep woods paired really well with it. I had forgotten I even had this aftershave. It was given to me for Christmas several years ago before I even started wet Shaving and I liked the bottle so I hung on to it but then it got packed up for a move and stayed that way for quite a while. Very glad to have found it.

Great first thoughts and shave Kyle!

About the video, don’t worry about making something perfect, you’ll improve as you go!

Nice impressions, that’s what I like to see! And thanks for your efforts in starting a VLOG. You’ll get there. If you need any tips or suggestions, just ask.

Great first thoughts and shave Kyle!

About the video, don’t worry about making something perfect, you’ll improve as you go!

I don't care about perfect but it was just bad. I will make another attempt once i have my planned setup. I threw that one together last night just to try and have something but it just didn't work out.

This scent sounds like it’s right in my wheelhouse. I’ll definitely be lookinging into this one for sure.

Looking forward to your foray into vids. I’ve been thinking about doing the same but haven’t gotten around to planning it out.

Looking forward to your foray into vids. I’ve been thinking about doing the same but haven’t gotten around to planning it out.
If you want to do it, then just get started! You can worry about the shine and polish (like intros) later. Editing it not necessary, at first.

Hey, Kyle .. can you please explain that rig in your studio? I still have to set up mine..
Waiting on the sound absorbing panels and lighting to arrive.

Pictured in my SOTD was just a piece of craft wood i cut a hole in and used a suction cup hook to hold up. The hole was sized to fit the pop-socket on the back of my phone. It did a poor job and has pretty much zero abillity to adjust but was intended as a quick solution to try, but in the end failed. I have an actual tripod with flexible legs coming that i can use with the hooks and get a much better angle(hopefully).

Gosh, we’ve just gone Pro status lol! I balance my phone precariously on the towel rack next to my mirror...

Gosh, we’ve just gone Pro status lol! I balance my phone precariously on the towel rack next to my mirror...

More like nesesity. There is nothing near the sink for me to put my phone on. and the tripod was to have something i could record honing on since Jim requested i make a video.

Back