The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Final shave of 2018

Frederick Reynolds 7/8
Ever Ready w/ two band
The Chamber's El Guapo
WH
Osage rub

Got my last shave of the year in this morning. Another great shave with El Guapo. Busy weekend with the family but looking forward to the new year.

Happy New Year Cadre

Happy (early) New Year Kyle! Great setup, that Everready looks beautiful.

Okay Kyle...you need to stop posting about Chamber soaps until the rest of us can actually buy the stuff!

Um, there’s still 2 days left in this year sir.
\n\nI know. Just gonna be a busy few days. So I\'m won\'t be around much.\n\n
Hey, tell me about the El Guapo?
\n\nIt\'s a dark, rich, slightly sweet scent. A tiny bit smoky and a little amber maybe. Performance is great.\n\n
Okay Kyle...you need to stop posting about Chamber soaps until the rest of us can actually buy the stuff!
\n\nHey living in the desert has to have some privileges
1f601.png

I'll tell ya, the lead time for them to actually figure out how to get their stuff online has really cooled me off to getting some.

I'll tell ya, the lead time for them to actually figure out how to get their stuff online has really cooled me off to getting some.
Yeah, I'm REAL disappointed that Tim didn't follow thru for me and invoice me before Jan 1st like he said he would "Shortly" on Dec 18th. I explained the "S" thing to him and thought I'd be able to get the Derby set before it started on his word.............

Yeah, I'm REAL disappointed that Tim didn't follow thru for me and invoice me before Jan 1st like he said he would "Shortly" on Dec 18th. I explained the "S" thing to him and thought I'd be able to get the Derby set before it started on his word.............

So...what I am hearing you say, is that you no longer are participating in that thing that sounds similar to crabattical?

So...what I am hearing you say, is that you no longer are participating in that thing that sounds similar to crabattical?
Nope, you heard wrong. I'm ALL in and won't be buying it since he didn't at least bill me so I could pay before the new year as stated in the email ?

Sorry he didn't come through for you Dave. I'm interested in that one as well. If I get the soap at some point I may have to gift you a sample.

First shave of the year

Frederick Reynolds 7/8
Omega boar
Chiseled Face Summer Storm
WH
CF Summer Storm AS

Had intended this for yesterday but didn't get to it. Started the 3017 with this soap. I really like it and the name is a good description of the scent on the soap. The AS comes off more resinous to me but dried down pretty subtle. Came away with a great BBS shave. Let's see how long this soap lasts.

Today's Shave

AoS Dovo
Ever Ready Two Band
CFG Summer Storm
WH
CFG Summer Storm AS

Unfortunately I don't have any Honnybee soaps to join in the shave with Sue today, but Sue definitely did a lot for the community and will be missed.

Shave went very well. Came away BBS.
I am going to try something during this 3017 and shave every workday. I will still do about every other day when I'm off most likely but I want to see if my face can handle it better with the WH as part of my process now. It has already done good things for my skin since I started using it so well see how it goes.

I think I will try and do another vlog on monday.

Also sounds like the Yuma Razor will be heading my way shortly should be interesting since my only DE experience is a Microtouch one. I will for sure plan on doing the first use with that on video.

Back