The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

OBF 17
20200220_195152.jpg

Hotel shave today. was good but not great. The water here is stupid soft which may have thrown things off. This little brush is a beast though. its super dense and soft but can be a pain to rinse out. Its doesn't make very voluminous lather but it is a great size for traveling. this was also the first use of the tonsorial Club CBL and it was pretty great.

Last edited:
Kyle, how do you like CBL in a stick. The Tonsorial version seems to me like it would be perfect in a stick!

Hey, I'll say what everyone's thinking 🤪 Isn't t ?hat a GIRLS cosmetic brush 😂:cool:
That's why that brush looks familiar!

It is. My wife was clearing stuff out and I saw it was in the toss pile. This was around the time we were doing the alternative brush videos so I grabbed it to try. it works so it's my travel brush now. Lol
That is efficient and cost effective. Great job sir.

I came across a little e.l.f. cosmetic brush in a convenience store a few years ago, and grabbed it to see how it would work with shave soap.I saw the same one one used by a shave Vlogger, who mentioned that it fit perfectly in an empty prescription bottle. I ended up giving it away with some shave soap to a friend I was trying to convert, but it was a great travel brush and a lather beast.

I came across a little e.l.f. cosmetic brush in a convenience store a few years ago, and grabbed it to see how it would work with shave soap.I saw the same one one used by a shave Vlogger, who mentioned that it fit perfectly in an empty prescription bottle. I ended up giving it away with some shave soap to a friend I was trying to convert, but it was a great travel brush and a lather beast.
That's exactly how I store mine. Prescription bottle with holes in the lid.

Gear's wife told him he better make the $1.99 he spent on that mematic app worth it.

OBF 18
20200222_131557.jpg

Back at home and time to give the Parson's Beta 1 a go. Went at it with a boar first, same as beta 2, and got a great creamy lather. Plenty of slickness and, even though it seemed to shave off pretty clean, a little water can bring that slickness right back. Even with my skin being a little out of whack from travel and weather changes my face is feeling good. Shave 18 on the Shark SS seems just as solid and smooth as the last several have been. So far I'm thinking it will go the distance. once the challenge is over I'll probably even keep pushing it to see where it goes but I'll definitely be sneaking in some SR shaves cause I'm jonesing for those.

Back