The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

Shave 30/OBF 13
20200214_090246.jpg

Well today was indeed the final shave of my 3017. Lather was kinda airy even after loading way longer than normal but still provided a great shave. I scraped out the last little bit and added it to my CP tub. Was a bit larger than a BB. Maybe airsoft pellet size? I've never messed with those.

The blade is still doing great! Nice smooth and close shave.

Enjoyed a late morning shave on this Cadre Friday. No major plans today but I think I'll take the kids to the park. Its been a while since days off and good weather have coincided for that.

So I think my next 3017 is going to be my TOBS Sandalwood soap in the wood bowl. However, I have a few things to try out before I dive into that.

Before THAT though, I'm trying to decide what to use for my next shave as there have been a couple things I've been missing. let's see what y'all think.

Tabac
Stirling ToF
CBL Tonsorial ROS
LNHC Haute Leather

Your votes will be considered but may or may not actually matter.

OBF 14
20200216_081636.jpg

The Shark SS is still giving great shaves.

As much as I wanted to use some Tabac this morning just because the only vote I had was for anything BUT that, the ROS just smelled way to good this morning. got a great lather and had a really good shave. also finished up my Thayers Coconut water this morning so starting with my next shave I'll be replacing it with my Ultimate Osage mix!

OBF 15
20200217_132435.jpg

This blade is showing no signs of quitting on me.

It was finally time to give my Parson's Beta pucks a go. Decided to go with beta 2, mostly because it was the one I picked up first. I dropped it into a VdH bowl and gave it a good soak while I showered. Had to fight it some while loading cause it wouldn't sit still. Beyond that, I'm super impressed with this soap after 1 shave. got a fantastic, creamy lather right off the bat with the Stirling boar. Going to try this one again tomorrow with a badger before moving on to beta 1. @The Monkey great job with this!

OBF 16
20200218_223009.jpg

Quick entry after a late shave. Second shave with the Parsons Beta 2 was very good. The puck absorbed all the water I had set it to bloom with and I didn't get as easy of a load but the shave was excellent.

Going to Flagstaff for a couple days. Wife has a training and since I'm off the kids and are will be tagging along.

Back