The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

uacowboy's razor rodeo

OBF 19
20200223_151957.jpg

One heckuva shave was had today. The beta 1 and the badger brush acted like old friends and worked together to make an excellent lather. Blade also performed great and I had a super smooth and enjoyable shave.

Last night at work was tough and tonight will be too... I forgot my coffee beans at home! Gotta make due with some tea and remember to put my coffee can by my keys when I get home in the morning.

OBF 20
20200224_144906.jpg

First things first, I REMEMBERED MY COFFEE TODAY!

Yesterday's shave was apparently so good I didn't quite have my normal 24hr stubble when I got up. Today's feels pretty close to that as well. decided it was time to start my 3017 of TOBS Sandalwood Soap. Scent is a bit lighter than I remembered but good. Brush was a bit wetter than I intended so I go things started with a very foamy proto lather but got it worked to a nice and creamy consistency for the shave. Some AVON Leather finished up the shave very nicely and I even added a few sprays of Cuba Royal edt before I headed out the door.

No no no. 3017 CBL, then people using blades until they scratch their faces. No mooooooooore.

No no no. 3017 CBL, then people using blades until they scratch their faces. No mooooooooore.
hey the CBL was great and my blade gave me the smoothest and closest shave of it's life yesterday on shave 19.

and don't worry, this is a soft 3017. I will still throw in a different soap here and there to mix things up but i want to work through some of the stuff that i just don't use much but don't want to get rid of. Plus when this soap is done i can use the nice wood bowl for an even better soap!

OBF 21
20200226_094732.jpg

Another fantastic shave today. kept a dryer brush today and had a much better load and a super dense and creamy lather. the blade is also still doing great.

Not much going on today really. got some chores to do and had to get my car emissions tested(which somehow only took like 10 min) other than that should be a pretty chill day.

OBF 22 2.28.2020
20200228_041247.jpg

OBF 23 2.29.2020
20200229_041626.jpg

Forgot to post yesterday's shave due to a low level migraine most of the day. Plus I was alone in my office all day so it was a bit busy. Shave was good though.

This morning was also a good shave and I was just feeling the need for some ToF. My trouble areas are needing a bit of extra attention to get completely smooth but still getting a lasting shave.

Tomorrow will see the use of the last of my roasted coffee so will be roasting up something new on Monday. also planning to make a run for more green coffee this week as well.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

OBF 24
20200301_041502.jpg

Well February has come and gone but this blade is still rolling along. lather could have used a bit more water today but the shave still turned out good. missed a couple spots during cleanup trying to hurry up and get out the door.

Its my Friday today, and I'm glad it is. Ready for a sleep in day. Also, having 0730 or 0800 count as sleeping in makes me feel just a little bit old. Lol

OBF 25
20200302_102220.jpg

Nice relaxed, late morning shave today. Took my time and got a nice close shave, even in the usual trouble areas. Also, I highly recommend getting you AS into glass if it isn't already. Pinaud products especially. clubman always had a slight funk on application until it was in glass for a bit. now its awesome right from the start.

Back